Product Homepage

Guest KirkB

I have searched high and low for so answer to this yet couldn't find anything or anyone who had done it yet.

Our shop only has a few products 15-30 at any one time and there are no different category's, they are all the same, because of this a homepage with latest products and what no is really not so necessary, and when purchasing a product to get back to the list they need to click on the category via the menu to the right between the "homepage" and "sale item" links.

So what I want to do is get rid of the homepage altogether, so it will go straight into listing the products we have, from there I would like to remove the links on the right hand side which is easy enough, this would save confusion with our customers having all the products in front of them at all times and essentially making the website only one page deep (unless buying a product)

Can anyone help me replace the homepage (index.php) with our one category's listing.

Hope this made sense, I am using the classic skin if any help.

Regards

Kirk

Why not:

Change the Latest products title to Products or get rid of it all together.

Put the product description in with the latest prods.

Put buy & more buttons in latest prods.

This way the products are on the front page and can only be re-directed to the products via the boxes as you would have no catagory menu.

Just a sugestion !!

Why not:

Change the Latest products title to Products or get rid of it all together.

Put the product description in with the latest prods.

Put buy & more buttons in latest prods.

This way the products are on the front page and can only be re-directed to the products via the boxes as you would have no catagory menu.

Just a sugestion !!

Hey thanks for the suggestion, I hadnt considered doing that. It would be alot more work I'd imagine than if you could replace the homepage code with the product page, but it may well be the easier way.