Product Weight Option

Guest ROCKYS MAM

Guest ROCKYS MAM

Hi, I'm thinking of installing cube cart but need to know if product options can have a weight assigned for shipping calculations.

To explain, I sell products that come in a variety of sizes, ie 1kg, 5kg and 25kg and would like to have just one product with the size variations as options.

Guest ROCKYS MAM

I am ok with options for colour, size and price etc, but need to know if Cubecart can recalculate shipping price based on options having a different weight.

Haven't downloaded yet, but have fiddled around with demo and searched forums, and can't see whether it can do this.

My current cart is a rental so I am limited as to what I can do with it, this is all new territory for me.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

I think I know what you are after - and this isn't doable without changing the code. This may have already been done.

Options only effect the price of the product, and are used or Colours/Sizes etc.

I think you've raised an interesting point though - if you where selling PC's with an 19" CRT as an option, the weight would be significantly more than the just a base units.

To do this in standard CubeCart, you would just work out the price difference (and factor in the shipping increase) and have that as your product option. But that isn't strictly correct.

I'm not sure what you mean by your cart being rental - can't you FTP and edit the store?

You can run CC on your home PC - there thread that discusses this in detail. (search for easyphp should get you there)

I hope this helps,

Jason

Guest ROCKYS MAM

Hi, thanks for your replies.

No, I can't modify anything in my current cart - it is quite restrictive and probably idiot (me) proof, so I currently have to list the same product numerous times with differing weights. Hence, I am looking for a new cart.

Changing code sounds a bit daunting!!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest metapaint

Hello,

I was wondering if there are any solutions to this for CC4? I, too, am working on a system that needs more control with the product options. We have art that is available in multiple formats and would like to have the shipping prices entirely based on the product option rather than category.

Another question is, how do we get the product options to be searchable or list products by which options are available?

Thanks!