Looking for file containing products

Guest gaybird

Guest gaybird

Ohhhh Noooooooo

After 5 months of data entry I went live.... then I had a problem and My hosting reinstalled cubecart and all of my products are gone.... I do have the images though... My question is : when looking in a backup copy I cannot find what file my products are in. Can anyone please please tell me what file the cat and products are in???????? Where are all the product pages????

All the major stuff is stored in a database - something which I hope wasn't deleted (or you/your host has a back-up of).

The database is separate from the files. If you've got cPanel hosting, the full account backup will contain the database, but if you've just downloaded the files via FTP, you will have missed the database.

Find out what hosting you have. Many people use "cPanel", as its easy to use and give the user a fair bit of control. Once we know what hosting system you use, we can offer better advice.

Also, check your backup, there may be some SQL file in there somewhere. Open it in a text editor, and scan through, looking for one of your products. (It'll be surrounded by SQL commands).

Also consider speaking to your host, they may have taken a back-up before re-installing cc. (I would!)

Jason

Guest gaybird

I am not sure what hosting we have...it is through myhosting.com...is there a way to find this information out? Within myhosting.com we are with Linux...again, not sure what this means either.

We did check the SQL, but the files were not there.

In terms of a backup..he did one, but the products didn't make it for whatever reason.Our images made it,

but not the products and categories. We had a previous backup (about a month earlier) but are unable to unzip in the cubecart upload area...any ideas would be appreciated.

I hope this helps. Thanks.

System DSN (ODBC) Management

List of your current active DSN(s):

DSN Name Database Name

thegrocerygrabbers_com \cgi-bin\mydatabase.mdb

I found this on our myhosting.com site. Is this what you were talking about? If it is how do we access it and see if our products are listed?

Ohhhh Noooooooo

After 5 months of data entry I went live.... then I had a problem and My hosting reinstalled cubecart and all of my products are gone.... I do have the images though... My question is : when looking in a backup copy I cannot find what file my products are in. Can anyone please please tell me what file the cat and products are in???????? Where are all the product pages????

All is Good!!!!!! We reinstalled 3.0.17 and started over. As soon as we find the correct 3.0.17 mod patch for lower limit will will put a $50 purchase limit on and sell sell sell. If any of you Cubebees know how to do that please holla

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear you're up and running.

Interesting that your can see System DSN/ODBC... Thats Windows database stuff..

If you are on Windows Hosting (but have no reason to be), you may want to see if your host will move you to their Linux hosting package.

CubeCart and many other PHP/mySQL scripts are much easier to set-up.

As I think I've said in another post, the Min order mod is in cubecartforums.org under free mods.

Ask the mod author for help if you need installation assistance.

Jason

Guest gaybird

Glad to hear you're up and running.

Interesting that your can see System DSN/ODBC... Thats Windows database stuff..

If you are on Windows Hosting (but have no reason to be), you may want to see if your host will move you to their Linux hosting package.

CubeCart and many other PHP/mySQL scripts are much easier to set-up.

As I think I've said in another post, the Min order mod is in cubecartforums.org under free mods.

Ask the mod author for help if you need installation assistance.

Jason

Thanks Jason

Youre the bomb.com

Im going to check it out ;)

Thanks Jason

Youre the bomb.com

Im going to check it out ;)

Hey - I'm a member of CND and Campain against the Arms Trade ;-) No Bombs here!

If you get stuck -PM me on either site and I'll hapily point you in the right place.

Jason