Integrating CubeCart into Joomla 1.5

Guest JohnD

Hi,

I plan to setup a website which processes an uploaded photo for a fee. So the user goes on the website, selects which type of image process he wants, pays for it and then uploads his picture and gets the result.

I originally considered using Joomla 1.5 with VirtueMart. However, it looks like VirtueMart is rather limited (e.g. no support for a One-Click-Checkout button) so I'd like to use CubeCart or CS-Cart instead with Joomla. Joomla would deal with all the image processing, user management, site news and general layout whilst CubeCart/CS-Cart would be the shopping cart.

Although I've read that CS-Cart currently has more features than CubeCart 3, I hear their templates are difficult to customize and that the new features in the upcoming CubeCart 4 should put it on par with CS-Cart.

My determining factor in my choice will be how easily I can integrate the cart with Joomla.

1/My question is how do I integrate them together? I can't find many pointers in both CubeCart and CS-Cart forums.

2/Does anyone know of any production sites running Joomla with CubeCart?

3/If a customer registers with the cart, how can Joomla also make use of these details to log the user in? Or similarly, if a user logs into Joomla, can the cart be made to recognize the session and log the user into the shopping cart.

4/When the user has bought a photo service from cart, how can I inform Joomla that the user now has x credits to do x photo processing operation?

I guess answers to questions 3/ and 4/ would be self-evident if I had a clearer understanding of question 1/.

Thanks for any help,

John

Guest bennyuk

Everything you have spec's is possible with Cubecart and Joomla, it's just not been done before (or at least not reported on in public), so it would be a custom job that would involve some custom integration.. and I think that sort of work is beyond the scope of this forum. I would suggest asking at cubecartforums.org