/store/index.php SEO what to do for the best??

Guest Snelly

My old html website was in the root of my server directory. So I submitted the root to search engines. The site used frames and search engines picked up on all the pages. When I found cc, I made a directory called "store" to experiment with cc. Now i've got cc working fine, so ive taken the old html site off the server and changed the index.html file to redirect people to the /store/index.php file of my cc site. Also in the old html index file, i've put a meta tag to get robots to ignore it. I've also set up a custom 404 file to redirect people to the new /store/index.php file, to cover people accessing the site from old indexed html pages that no longer exist on the server. I submitted the new /store/index.php url to search engines and its just starting to get indexed... all be it only the main page. Now I know it can take a while to index all the site, but will setting my root/index.html file as no robots affect the spiders on the new store/index.php cc site?

Guest MyCuteStore

My old html website was in the root of my server directory. So I submitted the root to search engines. The site used frames and search engines picked up on all the pages. When I found cc, I made a directory called "store" to experiment with cc. Now i've got cc working fine, so ive taken the old html site off the server and changed the index.html file to redirect people to the /store/index.php file of my cc site. Also in the old html index file, i've put a meta tag to get robots to ignore it. I've also set up a custom 404 file to redirect people to the new /store/index.php file, to cover people accessing the site from old indexed html pages that no longer exist on the server. I submitted the new /store/index.php url to search engines and its just starting to get indexed... all be it only the main page. Now I know it can take a while to index all the site, but will setting my root/index.html file as no robots affect the spiders on the new store/index.php cc site?

Hi Snelly, for my site I'm using the SEO module for cubecart. Its working so well for me. Picking up several links to my site based on specific keywords I've defined. Check this link out. ;)

http://www.rukispot.com/cube-cart-cc3-seo-...session-killer/

Im using an SEO mod too... not sure which one it is, but it allows me to do a title, description and keywords for each individual item. Just gotta wait for the search engines to catch up now... indexing is a slow process???!!