Before Getting Started

Guest Funsta

Hi Guys, ;)

I’m new to the forums and it is my first post, I read quite a few good reviews about CC and thought it might be what I am after.

To summarise I want to create a site to sell women’s clothes and need some help on a finding dynamic interface which will make it relatively easy for me to achieve this. The payment method will be PayPal based. I have purchased a domain name and hosting service (Business) with MySql etc.

I don’t mind purchasing CC for the shopping cart, but what about the actually site? Does CC come imbedded in a template? As my HTML skills are okay but not great, I am affectively after a package which has the template, the shopping cart and is dynamic in the sense that a noobie can make changes with basic html programming (or admin interface - would be superb).

My advice apologies if I have created an extra post I had a look around and also watched the video tutorial as well on uploading the site (which was fantastic) but I just need to know who makes the actual site?

Thanks

J ;)

Cubecart is an all in 1 cart - it is both the site layout and the cart. You can take a look at mine and other sites her for some ideas - it's all cubecart with the templates modified as you wish.

Misty - I looked at some of the examples of the sites in your signature. They look pretty good, with regards to the template itself is this modified using programs like Dream weaver OR is there the modification of the template done in a Dynamic way (like a web page creator, or admin panel).

Thanks

J

Hi,

Many people just use CubeCart with no other pages. The system allows you to add "about us/terms and conditions etc" that most stores need.

The "Welcome" text can be changed, all from the Admin section.

If you don't need much more, you can simply install CubeCart without adding any static web pages.

All descriptive text is edited using a browser based "Rich Text Editor", so you can add images/and text formatting quickly.

CubeCart comes with 3 templates. It uses a system where the templates are separate from the PHP code, so visual changes are easy to make without fear of messing up the code.

If you're able to edit CSS files and understand HTML basics, you'll easily be able to edit one of the existing templates to suit your needs.

There is a big market in 3rd party templates, checkout the 3rd party sites section for some examples.

The main point, is that you can add products, get PayPal working and shipping, and adding a different template shouldn't require any changes to your set-up.

I hope this helps,

Jason

The templates use a combination of html, css and php for the functioning parts of it. I edit them using cuteftps built in editor, but you can edit them in anything that can handle the above formats.

You can even create a site in dreamweaver or another program and insert the proper php code where you need it to create templates as well. I haven't done this myself, but it is possible.