USPS Shipping Question...

Guest 7Design

Hi folks,

I m setting up a shopping cart for my client. He sells 2 items:

1. Small Boxes of Note Cards (8 cards in a box)

2. Framed Photos in a few different sizes

Now, when it comes to shipping framed photos, shipping can be a little crazy. I see the settings for the USPS module. I guess I need a little assistance with these. I was hoping that each product would have its own weight AND dimensions settings. But, without these, I am a little in the dark on, say, if someone orders a box of note cards and an 11 x 14 framed photo. How is the shipping going to be calculated?

Your help and assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you.

7Design

I ship everything USPS but use the shipping by weight module. I find it works the best and the shipping costs are pretty close after a little fine tuning.

Thanks Mysty,

Can you help me with something. To ship a box of the note cards, shipping is very basic. However, to ship a 18 x 24 framed 11 x 14 photo, the package dimensions get a little different.

For example, shipping a box that weighs 9 lbs. from PA to CA is $15.21 using USPS Parcel Post. However, shipping a 9 lb. box that is 30" H x 24" L x 6" W is $27.87

You see, what CC REALLY needs is the ability to not only add the weight of the item when adding a new product, but also to add the dimensions of the box. This resolve the whole mess.

We love CC and this is the ONLY problem we are having.

Can you advise of how I could use the shipping by weight to get the costs close? I think I could manipulate the weight of items to get the costs close. What do you think?

7Design