Allowed memory size Fatal error while upgrading to 4

Guest cwalter

Hi

I am getting the following error message when i try and upgrade 3 to 4, can anyone help ?

The file `include/global.inc.php` has been updated successfully.

All configuration files have been updated.

Image upload folder size calculated.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 11928 bytes) in /home/test/public_html/test/classes/db/db.php on line 64

This may be a hosting issue, basically there wasn't enough free memory for what CC needed.

However, it may work now - the server may have more free memory (memory is allocated and released all the time)

I doubt this is a CC4 issue. If it was trying to allocate very large memory blocks I'd be concerned.

You should be able to continue as normal - does the store work? If it keeps happening, contact your host.

Send them the error message.

If all appears ok, you can ask CC4 to manually recalc the image folder size.

I've seen this when working on some code, and was trying to create a google product feed on 5000 products (the default cc3 system was appending strings which will require 2x the string size in memory - I ended up writing line-by-line to a file)

Jason

Hi Jason

Thanks for assistance. All the products appear in the store but the categories and subcategories do not. When i run the Rebuild category product count i get the same error message than it deletes all the records in the database under CubeCart_cats_idx.

cwalter

This may be a hosting issue, basically there wasn't enough free memory for what CC needed.

However, it may work now - the server may have more free memory (memory is allocated and released all the time)

I doubt this is a CC4 issue. If it was trying to allocate very large memory blocks I'd be concerned.

You should be able to continue as normal - does the store work? If it keeps happening, contact your host.

Send them the error message.

If all appears ok, you can ask CC4 to manually recalc the image folder size.

I've seen this when working on some code, and was trying to create a google product feed on 5000 products (the default cc3 system was appending strings which will require 2x the string size in memory - I ended up writing line-by-line to a file)

Jason

Guest EverythingWeb

If your on a Linux server running Apache, you may be able to try the following in a PHP file:

php_value memory_limit 16M

This will increase the PHP Memory Limit to 16m (twice what it is now) which should allow the operation to complete freely. I would be astonished if it were bad programming, and poorly optimised queries.

• 8 months later...
Guest gr1773

If your on a Linux server running Apache, you may be able to try the following in a PHP file:

php_value memory_limit 16M

This will increase the PHP Memory Limit to 16m (twice what it is now) which should allow the operation to complete freely. I would be astonished if it were bad programming, and poorly optimised queries.

Hi Guys,

This is my first time posting here, but I thought it might be of use to somebody who encounters the same problem as mentioned in this post.

After running the CC4 cart at babyshop.com.au successfully for ages, this morning they suddenly started getting this same memory error each time they tried to view an order. On my customer's server, I didn't have the ability to edit php.ini and the suggested .htaccess method just gave me internal server errors. After scouring the forums and doing a bit of research of my own, I added the following line to ini.inc.php just below the first line that reads "<?php" . This new line fixed it straight away.... hope this 5 second fix is of some use to somebody... it's 6 hours of my life I won't get back !!!! But hey, I feel smarter than I did this morning... todo bien.

My ini.inc.php file now looks like this... my new line is in bold...

<?php

ini_set('memory_limit', '32M');

/*

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------

| CubeCart 4

| ========================================

| CubeCart is a registered trade mark of Devellion Limited

| Copyright Devellion Limited 2006. All rights reserved.

| Devellion Limited,

| 5 Bridge Street,

| Bishops Stortford,

| HERTFORDSHIRE.

• 1 year later...
Guest imjesus

Would just like to say thank you for such an easy fix, I was terrified I'd maxed out my customers or orders!

Thank you so much!