Authorize.Net SSL issues....

Fresh install of V4 .... Authorize.Net client configured. Making a purchase, customer gets error stating "Critical Error: This page can ONLY be viewed under SSL!"

In v3 that i am replacing, the SSL was controlled by Authorize.Net and had no problems.

Am I supposed to assume that I now need an SSL cert installed ?

If so, that sucks!

Any ideas anyone ??

SS

I use authorize.net as well and if i recall correctly, in order to use it per their agreement you MUST have an SSL cert installed on your site.

No...my customers current site (v3.0.15) has been using Authorize.Net for over a year and does not have the ssl installed. Transactions from his store go directly to Authorized.Net via their SSL and they handle ALL his transactions.

I'm thinking the codes used in the current store MAY not work for the NEW store due to a location change ('www.domainname.com/store' is old site and new site would be 'www.domainname.com/shop') I've got a call into them to see if thats the issue. All I did was take codes from current store and inserted into the new store....did a test buy and got the error message.

I'll post the answers to my questions as soon as I can reach them (authorize.net people) .....fuuny, an internet company with NO support on weekends... tsk tsk...gotta wait til tomorrow (monday) to get my answer.

Thanks for your response :cry:

SS

your current customers site use authnets SIM Simple integration method

where the customer is directed at checkout to a SECURE authnet form page to finish the order (credit card number expiration date) then is returned to the store

in v4 all you have available is authnet's AIM advanced integration method

where the customers STAYS on your site and you MUST have SSL to pass the sensitive financial data to the gateway this doesnt SUCK its PROPER as you never ever ever ever want to send your credit card info "in the clear" get a SSL certificate and you can use AIM

dont get one you will need to use some other gateway as SIM is NOT in CCv4

• 2 weeks later...
Guest supernix

This is a serious flaw that needs to be fixed fast. They need to incorporate the SIM support.

Using SIM does not transmit your customers credit card information via non secure communications. It is just personal bias against SIM solely on the idea that passing a customer on to another site for processing might make them less apt to by. Which is bogus as people use many 3rd party processors every day to buy from anyone from webhosts to Ebay thru PayPal one of the worlds largest 3rd party processors.

SIM is no less legit than AIM it is just a different method to handle the transaction.