Adding a live help box.

Guest amsterdam

• 2 weeks later...
Guest prissanna

I had a live chat installed through Fantastico. I couldn't access it so I uninstalled it. I'm trying to reinstall and I get this message:

You chose to install in the main directory of the domain name.com, but there are conflicting filenames, therefore we can not proceed. Following filenames already exist in the main directory of the domain bellsbowsandwhistles.com (path="/home/bellsb5/public_html/").You must manually remove these files before proceeding with auto-installation:

images

fantversion.php

index.php

Any clues what I should do?

Guest prissanna

Thank you! I'll try that. I honestly couldn't remember how I installed it before cause it's been so long.

OK, it installed but it didn't give me a code to put in my files.

Guest prissanna

Thank you! I'll try that. I honestly couldn't remember how I installed it before cause it's been so long.

OK, it installed but it didn't give me a code to put in my files.

You need to login to your Live Chat Admin and generate the code from there.

Got it! Thanks!

It seems to be working so far.

• 3 months later...
Guest ebookshack

You need to install the script in a new directory such as /chat. You can then add the generated code to your /styleTemplates/global/index.tpl.

I'm confused. You need to install the script into a new folder. I created the new folder, but I don't know what script I should install? The generated code from my Volusion chat service? I have managed to put it in the index.tpl and I do see it on the bottom of my website, but when I tried to log in to the admin area for the live chat I got all these server error messages and script errors that I had no clue about. This crap ain't easy for people like me!!!! But I keep on trying!!!!

p.s. while I have you here, anyone know how and if we can install adsense or affiliate banners in our site?