A few questions about coupons

I love the fact that the coupon mod comes with CC4 now. However, I do have a couple of questions:

1. Is there some easy way to get coupons to work with only one product in the store? Like if I sell widgets and I only want my black widget (but not my blue or green widgets) to be 10% off with a coupon, is that possible?

2. Is there some setting I'm missing that'll let me set a minimum order limit on coupons? $5 off of a $10 order would cost me out of pocket. $5 off of an order of $25 or more would not.

If these aren't currently possible, I shall go post in the future requests thread. :(

ETA: I just realized I posted in the wrong form. I meant to post in the general support forum. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nsdesign

I agree - Anne Lions's suggestions would be a nice inclusion...

Also - Currently there is no way to see "which customers" used "which coupon". Could the individual order details not include the coupon details if one was used... Otherwise store owners have to pretty much guess (by the discount) which coupon offer was used...

This would really help...

Gary

• 3 weeks later...

I've been messing around with coupons, trying to figure out how to get it to display a random coupon on the front page when somebody visits. My criteria are: unlimited uses, not expired, not a gift certificate.

So I've been digging around in the SQL and found that there is a product_id column in the coupon table.

What is product_id? Is that supposed to be what product the coupon can be used for? I can't seem to find reference to it outside the SQL database.

If that's what the column is for, is there some way to enable this functionality that I'm missing?

I would assume it would be the Product ID for the coupon itself when it's put in.

The coupon code is stored in the column 'code'. The 'product_id' column for all coupons/gift certificates is currently set to 0.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xceejayx

Also, Is there a way to include a coupon code in the customer email receipt? To encourage repeat purchases.

This would be pretty cool, auto generate a code when the order is made, which expires after, say, a month.

You could put in the emails, or on the invoice you send with the order!

I'd really appreciate knowing how to do this too. I really need the coupons to be for specific categories or products. At the moment they are too broad. :)

• 7 months later...
Guest PLMaster

I know there's a mod for this but I contacted the maker and haven't heard back. Response time seems to be a problem there so does anyone know how to add minimum purchase requirements to coupons?

• 7 months later...
Guest estelle

Search for the 'Coupon Enhancements' mod in Google, it has several really useful features. If you have any questions about it please ask over at cubecartforums.org.