View Cart Missing

Guest BaggBoy

I've had customers email me telling me they see no cart (no "View Cart" button that is). At first, I thought they just couldn't find it (it's clearly seen on the page) but after about 20 or so of these emails, I'm wondering what the issue is. I know it's not everybody, because orders still come in and I can see it. Curious if it's something on my end, or a particular browser or operating system customers are using or what. I've suggested clearing their cookies but that doesn't fix it. Here's my site and I'm using ver. 3.0.14. Thanks in advance.

You need to ask the 20 or so customers what browser and what version of the browser they are using

with out knowing that theres no way to know to recreate the occurance

or to find out anything they all have in common I visited your site in IE ^ IE 7 and Firefox on PC and firefox and safari on Mac and in all 4 browsers I could see the view cart button

I do know for a fact the MSN's "buttefly" browser wont show login and register links on a cubecart site(MS has no idea why it would do that)

its just a crappy browser and no one should be using it its that terrible

if these users are all using MSN butterfly tell them they need to use a real browser like IE or better yet turn them on to Firefox

if it isnt MSN butterfly at the root of the problem you will need to find the common denominator

You need to ask the 20 or so customers what browser and what version of the browser they are using

with out knowing that theres no way to know to recreate the occurance

Agree with Kinetic, - I once had an issue (not with Cubecart Site) where AOL users just could not login to a site because of an AOL browser default setting.

Also consider using the FREE return to basket mod (not really a mod rather a tweak) which is available over at cubecartforums.org. Takes two minutes to install as you only change one tiny section of code - but will return your user to the cart page when they've added a product to the cart - I found a much better follow through rate on my site once I did this (and it is built into v4) - no need to go hunting for viewcart buttons then...

Good Luck

Sherie

• 3 months later...
Guest justinormerod

I've had customers email me telling me they see no cart (no "View Cart" button that is). At first, I thought they just couldn't find it (it's clearly seen on the page) but after about 20 or so of these emails, I'm wondering what the issue is. I know it's not everybody, because orders still come in and I can see it. Curious if it's something on my end, or a particular browser or operating system customers are using or what. I've suggested clearing their cookies but that doesn't fix it. Here's my site and I'm using ver. 3.0.14. Thanks in advance.

I have the exact same issue as you and know what a pain it is.

I have found the cause of the problem.

I recently received an email from MSN inviting me to upgrade my Internet Explorer 7. I have since found out that the update is called "MSN Optimized IE7". A google search for that will tell you all you need to know about that.

Do you recall installing that update after receiving an email from MSN.

My girlfriend had the same email but told me she had not yet installed it.

Great I thought and I then checked my site on her machine and the site was fine. I then installed the "MSN Optimized update" on her machine and sure enough the site no longer worked. There was no "shopping basket" box.

Did a system restore and then the site worked fine again.

So all the millions of people who have a hotmail account or use windows live (MSN) messenger will have received the email to update IE7 and those that did can no longer shop at our website.

Marvellous ain't it! NOT!

Hopefully cubecart will be kind enough to pick up on this issue and release some kind of fix as I am pretty sure Microsoft aren't losing any sleep over this issue.

Meanwhile I am searching daily for a resolution and if i find one I will let you know. If you find an answer before I do then it would be great if you could share it with me.

I am off to email Cubecart now. If you were to do the same it might add some weight to my email. Strength in numbers and all that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i have been having calls from customers who have not been able to login looks like this is the problem i have been having with windows vista not being able to login or see the Shopping basket.

Has it got anything to do with "search engine friendly mod 6.2? as i have just installed it and this problem has started,

i have gone through microsoft updates and cant se any updates for IE installed on my pc since last year. Only a thought!

Trust Microsoft! Joke

Any updates for this problem yet?

Regards,

Ian

Tried this below and worked 100% "Posted BY markscarts"

Just an update here ~

This problem was caused by SEO mod at my client's site. I have see similar things in the past due to SEO mod, so I will assume that EVERYONE in this thread has rukiman's SEO mod installed, until someone can verify otherwise.

I removed two entries from spiders.txt in the root of store:

msnbot

msn

After which, the so-called "butterfly browser" rendered the login info properly. Remember that SEO mod kills sessions for webbots and spiders, it is responsible for removing the login box for any browser which identifies itself in such a way that the mod presumes it is a spider.

Since I was unable to locate and download a "butterfly browser" I have been unable to fully test it and determine whether only one or the other, msnbot or msn, can be removed to make this work.

Regards

Ian