version 3 to 4. Worth the upgrade?

Guest rusi00

Hi All,

I use Cubecart V3 on 2 of my e-commerce sites. It works fine and I am looking to upgrade to V4 because:

- no user registration required

- coupon functionalty

How is everyone finding V4? Is it worth the upgarde? are there many bugs?

I'm not concerned about the costs but more the risk of deploying a very young solution. Has anyone been experiencing many problems with it?

Guest Brivtech

It's not a young solution at all, it's developed over the CC3 code, with some additional bells and whistles. Changes take place mainly in terms of added functionality, restructuring of code modules, and obviously enchanced security where variables are better cleansed, and expolits rooted out. CC3 had good security as well, but CC4 takes it to the next level.

It's fully supported, and there will be many future enhancements to it, such as new features and improvement over existing features.

For me, there's no doubt about paying out the money for it. While I appreciate that there are opensource competitors, I very much prefer CC, it's so easy to customise, and subsequently suits my needs, whatever they may be. You are paying money for something that will in turn make you money if you implement it properly. It's not a lot of money.

You need to make your own decision based on whether it meets your requirements or not. Not everyone has decided to automatically go for it, we respect their choice, and no-one is being forced to do so, but the majority of people who post on here have been happy with it.

There have been some initial teething troubles, which have mostly been resolved - Most cases being minor configuration issues. This demonstrated the support that the developers are giving. Had this been an open-source product, it may have taken a long time for the community to resolve such problems.

All in all, it's my opinion that it's worth the money. There's a good future ahead with it. My best advice would be to go for the trial if you're not sure.

In life, there's always pros and cons to everything, you have to see where you fit between them, and make your decision to where you find yourself.