Export orders for Quickbooks

Guest malson

Guest malson

Hello all...I have set up a Cubecart v4 for a client and they are wanting to see if it is possible to export orders received in the cart in a format that could be imported into Quickbooks.

They do not need immediate/instantaneous back and forth interaction. They just want to be able to export from the cart and import into Quickbooks on a daily basis. If there is a software solution provided by a 3rd party vendor, that would also be acceptable. It's hard to imagine that CubeCart would ignore the #1 small business accounting software package. Thanks in advance for tips or suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...

Guest LimeTradeSoftware

Hi,

In most cases its a waste of time to reproduce customer details, items details, and invoices in Quickbooks when all this data is already stored in CubeCart.

Your client can do a bulk invoice of online sales once every tax period to bring all online sales data into Quickbooks for accounting purposes.

Just make sure the sales report is based on the date of payment rather than date of sale for any particular period so it is true historical data that cannot change for the period selected.

There is software to report this way for CubeCart but I am reluctant to post more information as we are talking 3rd-party and this is a forum for CC only.

I have written a blurb about this on my site.

Hopefuly small business will be less reluctant to start using CubeCart because of accounting issues in their current system that are so easy to overcome when moving online.

Regards

Scott

LimeTrade

I just found T-HUB from Atandra, looks promising and very easy to use. Has anyone used this before? I am trying their trial now...

i've seen this product but haven't tried it yet ... lemme know how it works out for you ... i have had a few customers ask for this functionality ...

and yes LimeTradeSoftware, CC does have all this info in it but, the fact remains that most businesses out there have been using QB for sometime now and to have them just stop and use something else is a bit too much of a transition for most and most people... Plus QB produces their whole year of tax reports right off quickbooks with a few clicks this makes it easy for "click & mortar" stores to do their accounting ...

Guest LimeTradeSoftware

Hi,

I have used a couple of QB solutions for online carts and found them to be a bit of a nightmare.

They are often overly complex to set up, and your are simply duplicating lot of information then trying to keep them both up to date. Small bussiness needs to avoid adding more back-office work where possible.

Although this does not really apply just to CC but to any online selling with quickbooks, there seems to be the attitude that a business using QB or MYOB (maybe for years) wants to get all the transactions into QB so they can continue on their merry way.

I probably didn't get my point accross well because of the statement

"...to have them just stop and use something else is a bit too much of a transition for most people."

They can still continue on their merry way with QB and no intergration.

As far as accounting and tax goes there is no need to bring all the individual online sales into QB, just the monthly sales totals is enough to keep using QB for all your tax and accounting needs, and all offline sales and invoicing.

I guess what I am trying to say is that for all people using QB or MYOB and are setting up an online store, go for it ! (And use CubeCart!)

You do not need any intergration from your store to QB/MYOB, as I said before, doing so is a nightmare, and you end up adding complexity and a back-office workload that any small business can do without.

There may be some reasons why QB users simply MUST get all their online customers, line items and sales invoices duplicated in QB, but I can't think of one.

Regards

Scott

People with a brick & mortar store will sell MOST of their stuff out of the store. The online store is just to augment their sales and perhaps make things easier for their customers. If I had 100 customers who usually come by for what they want, but occasionally order online when it's more convenient, then I'd want ALL their order history in QuickBooks. What would be the point of doing a statement for a customer when it didn't include what he ordered online too. The goal is to have a unified accounting solution that incorporates all the info from the online store too.

:)

Guest LimeTradeSoftware

HI,

I am having trouble explaining I think, the bulk billing solution is indeed not for everyone as you point out.

Firstly, many die-hard QB users hate any idea of not having every invoice in QB! It scares them because they are so set in their ways. (I know, I have seen the initial confusion, reluctance, and worry when it is suggested that individual sales not be duplicated in QB)

I have helped a few customer branch out to online sales, and at the start of course most of their sales are indeed offline because online is new.

One thing that cannot be done when monthly bulk-billing online store sales into QB is as you point out: You cannot have your old customers also shop online and buy on credit, where you generate a statement and get them to pay later.

As I think most online store sellers will not be shipping goods without payment I don't think this will usually be a problem for online sellers who use QB.

If a seller shifted online and wanted old account customers to have the option to switch to the online store sometimes, and wanted to give them credit and ship the goods without payment and make the online sales and counter/phone sales for that cusomer all gell together in one statement in QB then they need a more complex solution.

I'm not sure that the QB import programs will let you link an online customer to an existing QB customer but if you just make sure the key field for that customer is exactly duplicated in the online store and QB then it may add to the existing QB customer rather than setting up a new one, has anyone tried that?

The simple monthly bulk-billing solution to quickly get all QB/MYOB users to sell online will not suit all small business, and as pointed out, there are situations where the easy way out is not good enough.

Although there will be dispute about this figure, having operated in small business for 20 years and doing what seems like 10,000 tax and accounting submissions :) I would say the easy way really will suit 90% of small business using oline sales and QuickBooks / MYOB. The main drawback is you cannot track debtors if you send goods without payment from your online store.

I hope this helps QB users to sell online and see how easy it is to keep using QB without the intergration complexities.

Regards

Scott

• 3 months later...
Guest Ohhh My

HI,

I am having trouble explaining I think, the bulk billing solution is indeed not for everyone as you point out.

Firstly, many die-hard QB users hate any idea of not having every invoice in QB! It scares them because they are so set in their ways. (I know, I have seen the initial confusion, reluctance, and worry when it is suggested that individual sales not be duplicated in QB)

I have helped a few customer branch out to online sales, and at the start of course most of their sales are indeed offline because online is new.

One thing that cannot be done when monthly bulk-billing online store sales into QB is as you point out: You cannot have your old customers also shop online and buy on credit, where you generate a statement and get them to pay later.

As I think most online store sellers will not be shipping goods without payment I don't think this will usually be a problem for online sellers who use QB.

If a seller shifted online and wanted old account customers to have the option to switch to the online store sometimes, and wanted to give them credit and ship the goods without payment and make the online sales and counter/phone sales for that cusomer all gell together in one statement in QB then they need a more complex solution.

I'm not sure that the QB import programs will let you link an online customer to an existing QB customer but if you just make sure the key field for that customer is exactly duplicated in the online store and QB then it may add to the existing QB customer rather than setting up a new one, has anyone tried that?

The simple monthly bulk-billing solution to quickly get all QB/MYOB users to sell online will not suit all small business, and as pointed out, there are situations where the easy way out is not good enough.

Although there will be dispute about this figure, having operated in small business for 20 years and doing what seems like 10,000 tax and accounting submissions :( I would say the easy way really will suit 90% of small business using oline sales and QuickBooks / MYOB. The main drawback is you cannot track debtors if you send goods without payment from your online store.

I hope this helps QB users to sell online and see how easy it is to keep using QB without the intergration complexities.

Regards

Scott

Hi Everyone,

I'm about 2 months into my store and i'm trying to export my total month sales so I can enter it into my accounting software. Now the problem I am having is that cubecart only gives me grand total. It doesn't separate out tax and shipping that I have charged. I can go into each invoice and look at this but that is rediculous.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ohhh My

HI,

Although there will be dispute about this figure, having operated in small business for 20 years and doing what seems like 10,000 tax and accounting submissions ;) I would say the easy way really will suit 90% of small business using oline sales and QuickBooks / MYOB. The main drawback is you cannot track debtors if you send goods without payment from your online store.

Regards

Scott

Hi Everyone,

I'm about 2 months into my store and i'm trying to export my total month sales so I can enter it into my accounting software. Now the problem I am having is that cubecart only gives me grand total. It doesn't separate out tax and shipping that I have charged. I can go into each invoice and look at this but that is rediculous.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Anyone?

• 1 year later...
Guest cutecub

I thought i can not give you a good suggestion but i am sharing my experience with quickbooks.Quickbooks is a well-known, powerful accounting software suited well for small businesses. You can export data from Quickbooks to help run your business for use in reporting, data management, and more.

quickbooks enterprise 10.0