Affiliate Amount Shouldn't Include Shipping

I don't know if this is a bug report, or a functionality request, but I think it's important for anyone who uses affiliate programs.

I just signed up with ClixGalore, and ran test transactions and as far as I can tell everything works smoothly, and I am happy with the results...except...

I placed an order for a $1.00 item with $.50 of shipping. In ClixGalore, it just shows an order total of $1.50 and then pays the affiliate a percentage of that amount. I really don't want to be paying a percentage of shipping and tax to the affiliate. Many of my products cost almost as much to ship as the purchase price. If I have to pay 10% on the whole sales price, it will be like paying 20%, which will start making me lose money.

I don't know if CubeCart sends just an order total to ClixGalore, but if so, I think it should only be the merchandise total. At least that should be an option. Hopefully one of the staff members can let me know.

Thanks,

Matthew

http://www.cheapsignz.com

I noticed this in CC3 as well. I had posted a fix for CC3, although I haven't yet upgraded to CC4 so I don't know if the same fix will work there or not.

Basically, the fix involves changing the variable used in the affiliate tracking module for the order total.