Slow Loading Speed.

Is anyone else finding the page loading times to be really slow on V4?

Gav

I reported elsewhere that the SEO op really slows for numerous products.

I have turned off the seo and it's still stupidly slow. It's the only thing holding me back from upgrading...

Mine works very quickly and my server is the other side of the world, has SEO enabled as well.

Seems very strange. Could it be something on your internet connection between you and your server?

Or perhaps something specific to your server configuration.

unlikely.

my v3 store works fine. the v4 store is in a folder on the same webspace but it is horribly slow.

out of curiosity, what is the address to your store? Your's may seem fast because your maybe behind a webcache or maybe your browser is caching the pages. It might not be so fast for others to use

Guest jazzydan58

I have been suffering from slow loading speeds as well, it seems to be better on 4.0.2 but still not ideal. I have SEO turned off at the moment

If your suffering from slow load speeds on loading a product page or added a product to the basket from the product page then I think I know what it might be.

This is the problem I had: We have approx 2000 customers 1500 orders.

When loading the product page cubecart generates the "Related Product" bit on the bottom of the page.

To do this it looks through the 1500 orders and works out what customers also brought... so as you can image this takes a lot of processing power.

But now as you can see http://www.theinternetopticians.co.uk is running great!!

Adam

Interesting... If you think its slow now then you shoudl of seen it before!!

Are you finding it slow all over or just when loading certain pages? What speed internet connection are you on?

Adam

Interesting... If you think its slow now then you shoudl of seen it before!!

Are you finding it slow all over or just when loading certain pages? What speed internet connection are you on?

Adam

slow for me 2. first page takes about 6-8seconds other pages take about 4-6seconds to load. And thats on a 20mb connection.

Hi Evolution ICE

Using a page load time analyser (Type "web site load time" into Google) and if you compare your V3 site againt my V4 site the V4 site is slightly faster at loading. I know your site has more graphics and V4 has the huge prototype.js lib to load.

Hi Evolution ICE

Using a page load time analyser (Type "web site load time" into Google) and if you compare your V3 site againt my V4 site the V4 site is slightly faster at loading. I know your site has more graphics and V4 has the huge prototype.js lib to load.

What is the purpose of prototype.js? Can it be removed or does it contain necessary code for some of the stores basic features?

We have approximately 200 categories and found that our store loaded much quicker after turning off the DHTML menu :)

Hi Evolution ICE

v3 loading time 1.1sec

my v4 loading time 5.26sec

you site loading time 5.28 sec

the times do change quite a bit but they are always 4x+ the loading of the the v3 site.

Loading times into an actual browser will be longer still as it actually has to process the data that it receives.

• 3 years later...
Guest Landrollerinc

I am experiencing slow load times when going to a product page, but only certain products.

If any of you can take a look, I would appreciate the help.

www.landroller.com/store.

Scroll down and click on either the blue or the red MOJO skates. Average load time, 30-40 seconds. Other items in the store load within 5 seconds.

Thank you.

Guest nullensc

The pages with product options seem to be loading slower for me - about 5 - 10 seconds for the rollers while the bearings load in 1-2 seconds.

My cc4 installation was slow for all products - I fixed it temporarily by forcing https for the whole site. Not sure if your issue is the same as mine though.

Charles

I am experiencing slow load times when going to a product page, but only certain products.

Forcing HTTPS for the whole store will slow the store down. If it's speeded up as a result, then you need to contact your hosting as there could be a server problem. HTTPS encrypts the data between you and your server, therefore technically it is impossible for it to be faster due to the extra processing required.

Guest nullensc

Thanks for the reply. I'm on a dedicated server which seems to work ok for all the other sites on it - it could do with a better version of php / mysql, but if it ain't broke...

The https idea came about from a different thread on this site - it suggested that it would stop the site licence being verified on every page load. Even if this wasn't correct I did notice a drop in loading times - this is confirmed by Google's webmaster tools. However, it recently went back up, so I guessed it was a red herring of sorts.

I ran some more diags with the invaluable webmaster developer toolbar and noticed that the system was loading the javascript lightbox script so I took it off (as I don't use it) and voila! - everything loads in a second or so.

To be specific I removed:

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/lightbox.js"></script>

from styleTemplates\global\index.tpl

Cheers,

Charles

Forcing HTTPS for the whole store will slow the store down. If it's speeded up as a result, then you need to contact your hosting as there could be a server problem. HTTPS encrypts the data between you and your server, therefore technically it is impossible for it to be faster due to the extra processing required.