Php Integrated Development Environment

Guest topdotter

Guest topdotter

I'm looking for a better PHP IDE than what I'm currently using, Dreamweaver. Specifically, I'd like to be able to have features like Visual Studio's Intellisense based on what functions/methods, variables, and classes have been declared/defined. Also, I'd like to click on a function and see its definition. And so on. The only IDE I've seen is PHP.VS but it's expensive and I also couldn't get it to function properly. On the other hand, something like UltraEdit doesnt have these features.

Any other suggestions?

How about easier ways to debug PHP? I'm experimenting with FirePHP but am wondering if there are any other options out there.

Thanks,

Shmuel

I've trying to find the time to check out Eclipse, its supposed to be a good IDE.

I'm currently on NotePad++, which is a great free text editor, its only help is colour coding.

For debugging, I'm currently using echo/print_r commands.. :P

Jason

Guest ianleopard666

i use nusphere phped ide pro5 for all my coding and debugging

it tends to highlight any charecters that are out of place, brings up a list of variables and classes as you write them etc.....

i havnt found anything better that i like, there is a free 14 day trial so can try it out first