Cc4 On A Thumb Drive

Guest Brivtech

Guest Brivtech

I'm trying to get CC4 set up on a thumb drive.

So far because my new laptop has Vista rather than XP, I ran into problems with Apache server permissions. Apparently, this is because Microsoft have done something with program permissions, that affects this, so Joe's solution won't work with Vista. Instead after trying several similar programs, JSAS was the only one that worked straight away.

So, having installed CC into a new folder in my local web folders, I was able to install CC4. There's a few mySQL settings that could catch a few people out, so here they are:

(specific to JSAS):

- User: root

- Host: localhost

- Password: (Type a space)

- Database Name: Type in a database name (something like CC_Dev)

So, that all worked for me, however, I'm having trouble getting into admin. I'm getting License Key error 5, as I haven't typed in a license key code, which ass te question:

Is a license key required to install on a local computer purely for testing/development purposes?

I invite input into this thread, so it can act as an addition to Joe's CC3 install on a thumb drive topic, specificaly to address CC4, and Vista specific issues.