Is Anybody Now Having Problems With Paypal Ipn?

Guest deejaysly

Guest deejaysly

An order came in today where upon the customer returning to the shop after making PayPal payment, the shop said the order failed, yet it was all working fine on the 28th Oct (my last order which was successful).

I know that I do get order failed for some unknown reason on occasion (I think the global variables go missing for those ones) but this time my custom logs show that the 'f' variable (called up but not used in transfer.inc.php) posted by PayPal was set to '1' suggesting that PayPal said the payment failed even though I received the payment fine.

I know that PayPal have made some changes to their order processing where it does not show up on ones account details straight away.... there is now a delay between payment and confirmation.

Just wondered really if anyone else has had any "complaints" with the PayPal Standard & IPN module......

Guest jastylr

I am having problems with IPN failing too. I had this working while developing my client's site and made several test purchases on the live PayPal server by setting one of the products to 1 cent. Of course, the moment the site goes live and the first real order comes in from outside, the customer is presented with the Order Failed message even though PayPal processed the invoice and took their money and the transaction was stored in the CubeCart database. I looked at the log file for the failure and it listed the following which doesn't make sense to me:

[2007/Oct/30, 17:59:39] 

[2007/Oct/30, 17:59:39] Using PDT to check order status for tx:3WN12575YS8425749

[2007/Oct/30, 17:59:39] Payment Failed, Paypal response follows:

[2007/Oct/30, 17:59:39] <head><body> This object may be found <a HREF="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr">here</a> </body>

[2007/Oct/30, 18:02:22] 

[2007/Oct/30, 18:02:22] Using PDT to check order status for tx:3WN12575YS8425749

[2007/Oct/30, 18:02:22] Payment Failed, Paypal response follows:

[2007/Oct/30, 18:02:22] <head><body> This object may be found <a HREF="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr">here</a> </body>

I've followed the IPN setup instructions and modified confirmed.inc.php to add the logging etc. Could it be that the PayPal server coincidentally was down at the particular moment that this order was going through?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest deejaysly

I am bumping this as per title...... This has happened to me again and I don't completely understand why. After my first occurrence, I did a trial transaction myself and it seemed fine which was strange!

It is appears to coincide with changes (account update delays) PayPal have made to their site recently and others mentioning (on this forum) that their order status can remain at pending for a while before being updated to processing. I am witness to this aswell..... ipn no longer appears to be "instant"..... If the order is not updated by the time the customer clicks the 'Return to Merchant' button (or is auto-returned), CC says that the order has failed.

Has anybody experienced this and does anyone know of a sensible solution??

Also, is there anyone that has seen their PayPal IPN work fine recently (within the last week)??

Hi, I've had a few orders in the last day - some have been using PayPal IPN with PDT:

[2007/Nov/18, 15:29:21] 

[2007/Nov/19, 15:29:21] Using PDT to check order status for tx:5W969097TE184904W

[2007/Nov/19, 15:29:23] Verify Success

[2007/Nov/19, 17:20:08] 

[2007/Nov/19, 17:20:08] Using PDT to check order status for tx:07M14196VD249484M

[2007/Nov/19, 17:20:10] Verify Success

I've just checked my previous logs and all appears fine.

I've added some extra code to my PDT check, so if there is a verify failure, it lists the fields:

logMsg ( "Verify Failed, Paypal response follows:" );

logMsg ( "		Amount = " . $amount . "\tCubeCart DB = ".$result[0]['prod_total']  );

logMsg ( "	   Invoice = " . $invoiceId . "\tCubeCart DB = ".$result[0]['cart_order_id']);

logMsg ( "Receiver Email = " . $receiver_email . "\tCubeCart DB = ".$module['email']);

return FALSE;

I can see some abandoned carts, where customers went off to PayPal but didn't pay, in this instance, I get:

[2007/Nov/17, 13:23:45] Using PDT to check order status for tx:4XS917584C7018427

[2007/Nov/17, 13:23:45] Verify Failed, Paypal response follows:

[2007/Nov/17, 13:23:45]		 Amount = 21.99	CubeCart DB = 

[2007/Nov/17, 13:23:45]		Invoice = 	CubeCart DB = 

[2007/Nov/17, 13:23:45] Receiver Email = [email protected]	CubeCart DB = [email protected]

Not too sure if this helps, but I suppose it shows its not a global problem.

I'd suggest running a few test purchases, and contacting PayPal. They are sometimes helpful..

Jason

Hi,

Yes- this is based on a thread last year.

I gave up using IPN due to problems, and shyed away from this code changes, as it looked a bit daunting at first glance.

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=15202

Please read the thread through all the way through, there were some later tweaks (UK users get a different variable back from PayPal). I've successfully applied this on about 10 stores for various people, and once up and running, its great..

Refreshing the CC Admin Order page, shows it changing from Pending to Processing.

If you get stuck on the location of the log file, open your global.inc.php file to find the location of the store root.

Hope this helps,

Jason

I am bumping this as per title...... This has happened to me again and I don't completely understand why. After my first occurrence, I did a trial transaction myself and it seemed fine which was strange!

It is appears to coincide with changes (account update delays) PayPal have made to their site recently and others mentioning (on this forum) that their order status can remain at pending for a while before being updated to processing. I am witness to this aswell..... ipn no longer appears to be "instant"..... If the order is not updated by the time the customer clicks the 'Return to Merchant' button (or is auto-returned), CC says that the order has failed.

Has anybody experienced this and does anyone know of a sensible solution??

Also, is there anyone that has seen their PayPal IPN work fine recently (within the last week)??

A sensible solution may be Authorize.net