Usps Not Working With Variable Weights

Guest JCreager

Guest JCreager

Hi everyone,

Well, unless I plan to ship everything via Flat Rate boxes (impossible), the USPS module is not working.

Parcel Post charge calculation is working, but Priority and Express Mail result in the following error:

Return XML:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<RateV3Response><Package ID="0"><Error><Number>-2147219431</Number><Source>DomesticRatesV3:clsRateV3ValidateContainer;RateEngineV3.ProcessRequest</Source><Description>Invalid container type. Valid container types for Priority Mail are Flat Rate Envelope and Flat Rate Box.</Description><HelpFile></HelpFile><HelpContext>1000440</HelpContext></Error></Package></RateV3Response>

What gives?

Guest JCreager

The only selection that works with Express and Priority Maill are the flat rate ones.

No other way works, yet there's no way to enter a support ticket unless you buy a version. I understand the logic behind it (gotta pay to play), but with no help being provided for newbies, that's not a way to gain trust with potential customers.

It's frustrating because everything else about CubeCart rocks.

Guest JCreager

Well, replying to myself here since A) no one else is bothering and :blink: I figured someone might benefit from it since the software doesn't work as distributed.

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=28741 is the fix. It's a PITA if you're not familiar with editing PHP files, but it works. You can't do flat rate after you do the fix, but at least it work.s

The only problem is that it will throw an error if the weight of the items is less than a pound. It will still work, but makes an ugly error at the top of the checkout screen. That ought to be an easy fix for someone who knows what they're doing. "If Weight<1, then weight = 1"

Why on earth these fixes aren't already integrated into the download file and why potential customers have to find this themselves is beyond my comprehension.

On the other hand, KGB's FedEx Shipping module works perfectly and installs instantly. It should be integrated into the package or he should be hired to rewrite the existing shipping modules!