Unbranding The Admin Panel

Guest phonecrazy

Guest phonecrazy

Is there a way to unbrand the admin panel from cubecart to a generic brand? I am about to purchase Cubecart for a client and set it up but would like to put their website logo onto the page and remove Cubecart links and refer them to their website.

Thanks

Robert

Guest EverythingWeb

You can remove the CubeCart logo etc in the Admin panel, however you cannot 're-brand' it as different software.

Putting the stores own logo as the admin logo wont be an issue.

Just upload their logo over the CubeCart logo. :)

Guest phonecrazy

its not rebranding it as my own... its basically just replacing the logo... is there any links that goto cubecart in the admin? also, can I turn off the version check?

Guest Brivtech

its not rebranding it as my own... its basically just replacing the logo... is there any links that goto cubecart in the admin? also, can I turn off the version check?

Be careful that by simply swapping the logo out with your own, it doesnt give the impression that you are rebranding it.

I believe this rule came about from previous discussions, trying to avoid a situation where "A Company" wishes to start reselling the CubeCart system as their own system, like "A Company Cart". If CubeCart is integrated as part of a system, that system can be resold, however, an acknowledgement that CubeCart is used (If the logos, etc are removed), needs to be present in the documentation of that system. There should be no impression that you are hiding that the system being presented is CubeCart.

I should also state the obvious, you cant remove any copyrights until you have a copyright removal key.

To remove logo, etc. you will need to do this manually in the program code.

Guest phonecrazy

I have purchased the cart and copyright removal. Can I just stress Im not looking to rebrand... Basically my client wants his employees to see his logo in the administration/staff panel. Its strictly just changing colours and logo to make the administration panel look like the frontend of his site so his employees feel at home with the admin panel.