Upgraded To V4

Guest wdstather

Guest wdstather

Finally taken the plunge and upgraded one of my sites to V4.3. Using the Kitablue skin but have changed the colour. Not had to add or modify anything else, everything is stock. working a treat. :blink:

My supplier provides an XML feed for the products which I feed direct in to the database. (well I have had to write a little script but it works on V3 & 4).

www.st-athersystems.com.

Guest webicon

There is a problem with the middle advertising banner - most non-tech peopel wont be viewing at sucha huge resolution, and while I think most people generally accept that the average user has moved on from 800 x 600 , I think it should at least fit a 1024 x 769. Many cheapy computers (especially laptops) come with this as the top resolution.

At moment banner only fits a 1280 x 1024 or above...

Same issue with search bar at the top - move it up just a fraction else it overlaps the logos in topbar.

I think also would be a nice idea to show- by way of a logo/side box which payemnt processor you are using (or that you are taking via SSL) - so that the customer knows what to expect by way of payment.

Other than that a nice clean job.

Guest wdstather

Thankyou for your comments.

I am currently sorting out a certificate for ssl. I have been trying to get my payment providers logo's on to the site (Paypal & Google)

I forget sometimes that not everyone yet has a tft monitor . I will look at the header graphic in lower res and adjust as necessary.

Now have SSL installed and have made a couple of other minor changes.

Guest webicon

As the original creator of that gateways logo graphic your using I suppose I should be flattered that you chose this to use.

But */* Seriously - if you need a graphic you really shouldn't just pick the first graphic off a Google images search [search: paypal and google gateways] - if that were an original image/artwork, and not just an arrangement of somone else's logos - you could get into a lot of trouble if the original creator of that graphic decided to take action!

It really is a small small world!

Guest wdstather

As the original creator of that gateways logo graphic your using I suppose I should be flattered that you chose this to use.

But :huh: Seriously - if you need a graphic you really shouldn't just pick the first graphic off a Google images search [search: paypal and google gateways] - if that were an original image/artwork, and not just an arrangement of somone else's logos - you could get into a lot of trouble if the original creator of that graphic decided to take action!

It really is a small small world!