A Couple Of Small (hopefully!) Issues.

Guest kusogaki

Guest kusogaki

I just made the move and purchased CubeCart V4 and decided to migrate the database from a local install of it to the server. Just to keep things clean, I did a fresh install then migrated over my categories/products tables which were the only things I had filled at the time.

Here are the snags I ran into:

1) I imported category and inventory and it went through fine. However, I noticed that when trying to go from a subcategory to the product item, the front side claims that there are no products in said subcat. However, when the item makes it through the random rotation of the featured box, it is accessible. I seem to be missing a connection somewhere. Can someone point me in the right direction?

2) People have mentioned using CSV files to import the product databases into an existing cart. I think that's an awesome feature...but other than using the server mysql admin function (independent of the cart...or by using the database backup option at the bottom) how does one pull a CSV of the pertinent tables? The export options only allows for exporting to GoogleBase, Shopping.com, and Shopzilla.

I'm hoping this will be the only minor snag to my installation. I hope to launch this site tonight so I can definitely use the help! :D

Chris

EDIT: WTH? I tried the product recheck/count function and not only did it not do anything, but it seems my categories have become "disconnected" as well. Again I can access the products...but now the categories aren't even listed in the sidebar. What happened? */*

EDIT2: Okay, so the categories disappeared because the recount function somehow made it think there was no products in there and I had categories disappear if they are empty set. I clicked that back on...but now my categories are empty. This isn't looking good... :/

EDIT3: Oooooookay, more bad news. Upon trying to rebuild category product count, I got this error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/MYDOMAIN/public_html/shop/admin/sources/maintenance/rebuild.inc.php on line 115

Something tells me I'm gonna need to reinstall this and do it all over again...

• 3 weeks later...

Guest Brivtech

Please split your questions into separate topics. You'll have a better change of having your questions answered that way, and it's more relevant and easier to follow a particular line of enquiry for other people in the future. I'm utterly confused by glancing over your post if you've fixed things, or what the acutal problem is if there still is one.