Error On The Initial Install Page

Guest Rhythm House

Guest Rhythm House

I just moved all my files over via FTP to my site for v3.0.17. . I went to the store install site and saw two error lines at the bottom of the page, however it lets me go through the install. The finished install (the actual store site) has errors on it at the top, and the two at the bottom that were then from the install pages, and I admin page is just a bunch of errors.

These are the errors that were there during the install:

Warning: Unknown(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_f6364100b3246085a80c2deff9db964f, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on line 0

Any suggestions? Could this be a server issue or did I do something wrong? I am still able to go through the install process but then I get more of these errors on the store page.

the site is www.shamanicvibes.com

Guest Rhythm House

Hi,

this sounds to be a hosting issue.

Basically:

/var/php_sessions/

Has a problem.

Put a support request in to your hosting company - PHP is not installed correctly.

I hope you get up and running soon :-)

Jason

Thanks for the advice, I'll do that. However, I currently have a phpbb forum installed on another site as well as oscommerce, both hosted by the same server I'm trying to install this on. I had no problems installing the others. Any reason why those would be working fine and not this? I'd really love to try this cube cart out!

BTW, the server is running php 4.4.7. It says the path to php is /usr/local/bin/php. Maybe this will help someone who knows something about this... :huh:

Guest Rhythm House

I'm not getting anything from the server... anything I could do, or is this definatly a server issue. I'd really like to try out cubecart before I purchase it... But I dont really want to purchase it until I know I can use it and that it works for me.

Hi,glad to hear things are sorted.

I did check that area of the code, and it was basically setting the filename for the session file - something that looked fine. However, I couldn't really see why you where getting an error.

Hopefully, things will be easy from now on :-)

Jason