Can't Login To Admin Side

Guest Comtrad

Guest Comtrad

I just set up my store, however I can't login to the admin site after enabling SSL. What do I need to do to gain access again? It won't even load the page.

Guest passion8

I just set up my store, however I can't login to the admin site after enabling SSL. What do I need to do to gain access again? It won't even load the page.

Hi Comtrad

I have made exactly the same mistake after enabling ssl and cannot log into my admin at all either, my problem is i downloaded the config php you mentioned but the file will not open, so i am really stuck, could you advise me on what you did to get back into your admin, in case i'm doing something really stupid, or anyone else out there, if you cannot advise me yourself, any help would be very much appreciated.

passion8

Guest degsey69

For anybody who is thinking of setting up SSL I do the following.

1. Back up the database through phpmyadmin (before altering SSL settings)
  2. If you can not get into admin because of wrong settings, drop the sql database tables through phpmyadmin.
  3. Upload the backup sql database.
  4. You are now back to where you were before with the admin settings restored and you can log back in.
Degsey

Guest passion8

For anybody who is thinking of setting up SSL I do the following.
  1. Back up the database through phpmyadmin (before altering SSL settings)
  2. If you can not get into admin because of wrong settings, drop the sql database tables through phpmyadmin.
  3. Upload the backup sql database.
  4. You are now back to where you were before with the admin settings restored and you can log back in.
Degsey

Hi Degsey69,

Thank you for your reply and advise, i have gone into into phpmyadmin area as you advised, as i cannot log into admin at all now because of my mistake of enabling ssl. Unfortunatly it looks like a minefield in there, and i don't know how to drop the the sql database tables, and then how to to upload the backup sql database afterwards, could you please point me in the right direction, so that i don't make a more fatal error, please

thank you

Passion8

Passion8,

I created a simple script to disable the SSL flag. This works on the same principle as the config tool, but simply un-sets the SSL flag, verifies this is done, and also displays its previous state.

Just upload this to the root of your store, and run it:

http://yourstore/nossl.php

Just running it will unset the SSL flag - no buttons to press.

I wrote this a few weeks ago, and it works fine.

However, please do a full account backup (very easy if you're using cPanel etc).

Jason

nossl.zip