Using Phpmyadmin To Change Usestocklevel

M. Smith

I know very little about SQL, but I tried running the following query (that I found on another post):

UPDATE CubeCart_inventory SET useStockLevel = 1 WHERE 0;

But it said Affected rows: 0, and nothing changed.

What am I doing wrong, or better yet, is there an easier way? I see under the Query tab there seems to be some sort of form for piecing together a query, but honestly, I'm afraid to use it since I don't really know what I'm doing. I did backup my database first, but I still don't want to experament and have to restore data.

Thanks! :)

You're VERY close.... WHERE 0 will evaluate to FALSE. WHERE 1 will evaluate to TRUE. So try this:

UPDATE CubeCart_inventory SET useStockLevel = 1 WHERE 1;

That will enable stock level for all products...but this is the default. I see more often that people don't want to use stock level but it's defaulted enabled for all new products. So to unset it for all products, use this bit of SQL:

UPDATE CubeCart_inventory SET useStockLevel = 0 WHERE 1;

Good luck! And remember to ALWAYS backup your store before mucking around directly in your database.

:sourcerer:

Thank you, Sir William! That worked perfectly!

I know that stock levels enabled is supposed to be the default, but in my last mass import it was disabled for some reason. I'm not really sure why, since it had never done that before, but CC seems to have a mind of its own sometimes.

No biggie, though. It's still a great program. :)