Is It Possible To Make Cubecart Match The Site Design?

Guest azbree24

Guest azbree24

My boyfriend has just started a website that includes a personal blog, interviews and images/video clips. After getting the site designed, he decided he wanted to try selling products on a small scale. The designer chose to push CubeCart 4, and now by boyfriend seems to be pretty disatisfied with the fact that the store is completely different looking than the rest of his site. It appears that there are different colors and layouts, but he expected it to have the same general layout, background, graphics and some of the same menu options to match the preexisting site design. Is it possible for Cubecart to be customized like this?

Guest webicon

cubecart is completely customisable - you just need a little knowledge of xhtml/css.

There is a tutorial that walks you through the stylesheets and how that affects the design over at www.cubecartforums.org/docs

Failing that you could request help from a designer at the cubecartforums.org website (I'm afraid skins talk isn't permitted here) - You will find many modders and designers willing to help - or if you just 'need it done now' - they will quote you a price for doing it for you.

ps. The person who recommended cubecart was right to do so (I have used many ecommerce systems - this is BY FAR the best) - but IMHO - not much of a 'designer' if they can't customise the skin for you....

Good luck with your project.

Guest azbree24

Do you have links to his site and his new cubecart site so we can see ??

www.happyskateboarding.com - bear in mind that neither he nor I are web designers. He started with the logo and some content and the designer did the rest.

He basically would like to get rid of some of the unnecessary info. (such as the "Information" box on the left) and rearrange/resize some of the other options and graphics in the shop to clean up the look. Is it possible to have the same banner/menu style as on the rest of the site, so that people can easily link back to the other pages from the store by clicking in the header area?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Guest webicon

Glad john asked for the link -

I dont think it will be that hard to change -

Personally, I would have started with Carretta as a skin - and changed the colour to blue. It certainly would not be difficult to change the header to match the 'interviews' top header - you would have same background etc and shop nav down the left.

If you went with the other skin - it would just be a question of tweaking the css for colours and images.... and i would put in the header graphic with imagemap to link as you want it.

'Losing' the boxes you dont want is not difficult - do a search for 'removing boxes' or look at the tutorial over at www.cubecartforums.org/doc

Guest azbree24

I sincerely appreciate your feedback and will share it with Ronnie. Knowing that the header can be replicated from and linked back to the main site is huge. It's not very convenient at this point to get back. Its also good to know that the other skin should be easier to modify for his layout. He was really hoping he would not have to spend an arm and a leg to get different cart so soon and it sounds like he won't.