Trying To Upload Cc3 Csv To Cc4 But Error

I have tried following the information in previous threads but it just isn't working. Every time I try to upload a CSV file from CC3 to CC4.1 I get as far as step 2 and get this to work with:

Import Catalogue

Step Two

The list below is what has been detected from your uploaded file.

Use the dropdown boxes on each line to assign that information to the cubecart database. You can only use each option in the dropdown once.

When you have finished, press Go, and your data will be imported.

01. LF xf6Pwf6Kf6@PO :i+00/C:\B17YDOWNLO~1*2g7YDownloadsf2@7Y CU31AF~1.CSVJ7{Y7yYCubeCart_inventory (9).csv|-<bBMC:\Downloads\&\\PETAL\DownloadsCubeCart_inventory(9).csv

02. ..\..\..\Downloads\CubeCart_inventory(

As you can see there isn't anything to define or correlate just a whole lot of script that states its a download.

Please help or direct me to the relevant thread, nothing I have been doing is working. Yes, this is the trial version but it's supposed to be fully working.

Is there something in the install that I missed??

Thanks,

You don't use import to move from CC3 to CC4. You just tell the new install to use the CC3 database. It performs the migration on its own.

For testing, I'd suggest duplicating the main CC3 database and working with the backup copy.

:w00t:

I had something like that as well.

What I was missing in the CSV file was that I did not include the 'Weight' column, as I did not need it. I simply added that column and worked fine after that.

Just make sure you have enough columns as the script looks for all the columns.

I may be way off topic, and may have misunderstood your problem, but I've seen those characters before and thats what I did.....

Hopefully it helps

Thanks everyone, this is proving more difficult than I had hoped. My husband has been trying to set it up and it's not working. He followed the upgrade notes and now has a zend error. Will keep trying, thanks.

• 1 year later...

You don't use import to move from CC3 to CC4. You just tell the new install to use the CC3 database. It performs the migration on its own.

For testing, I'd suggest duplicating the main CC3 database and working with the backup copy.

:yeahhh:

What should I do when the install is already done? :(

Should I export CC3 DB and then import it to CC4 DB?

Thank you for your help

Thank you for your help

Once the v3 to v4 upgrade is done, it's done. What is your objective in importing a v3 product CSV into v4? is it from a different store/source for new products?

Thank you for your help

Once the v3 to v4 upgrade is done, it's done. What is your objective in importing a v3 product CSV into v4? is it from a different store/source for new products?

Thank you for your quick reply.

The fact is that an empty v4 is already installed into another folder. V3 is the running store with all the data and is installed in the same server in another folder. I would like to upgrade my v3. Can I re-install the v4 into the v3 folder?

Easy upgrade.... backup files and DB. Upload the v4 files to a subfolder, including the v3 global.inc.php file into the includes directory. Move the v3 files and folders named in the upgrade notes to another subfolder leaving the images directory, move the v4 files and folders to where the store is (excluding the v4 images directory), run the setup and chose the upgrade option. Upload the v4 images directory to the v4 store.

There are details on this supplied with the CubeCart ZIP download, and notes on this in the third-party forum documentation.

Remember the skins are different. You need to consider either upgrading your skin, or having a new one developed before upgrading your store. Upgrade notes are also in the third-party forum documentation.

Easy upgrade.... backup files and DB. Upload the v4 files to a subfolder, including the v3 global.inc.php file into the includes directory. Move the v3 files and folders named in the upgrade notes to another subfolder leaving the images directory, move the v4 files and folders to where the store is (excluding the v4 images directory), run the setup and chose the upgrade option. Upload the v4 images directory to the v4 store.

There are details on this supplied with the CubeCart ZIP download, and notes on this in the third-party forum documentation.

Remember the skins are different. You need to consider either upgrading your skin, or having a new one developed before upgrading your store. Upgrade notes are also in the third-party forum documentation.

Thank you very much for your help. Wish me good luck :(