Product Edit, Category Problem

Guest dxm

When I go to the edit product screen, the category selected in the category dropdown is always the first category in the dropdown, regardless of what category the product is in.

Subsequently if one does not notice this all of one's products end up in the same category.

Currently I have to remember to reselect the correct category every time I am editing a product.

Is this a known problem?

thanks

Guest ZUKOdesigns

this is happening to me too. :( I find it extra annoying because I am working with a HUGE inventory of auto parts. Although, its not defaulting to the first category... just somewhere in the middle of the list.

Guest sgtschulze

I had the same issue. My fix:

Go into your SQL and under cubecart_inventory table just change the cat_id is default to whichever cat_id you need it to default to.

I have a MASTER category and it's cat_id '1'. So I have the default set to '1'.

Guest Mad Mountain

That works great if you have one master category. However I believe most of us have more than one category to worry about.

I had the same issue. My fix:

Go into your SQL and under cubecart_inventory table just change the cat_id is default to whichever cat_id you need it to default to.

I have a MASTER category and it's cat_id '1'. So I have the default set to '1'.

Guest AndySV1K

I also get this problem.

It doesnt default to the top category, it defaults to second one down, but is frustrating if you are doing a lot of editing.

Andy.

Guest ZUKOdesigns

shouldn't it remember the initial category you selected? I have no problem setting a category when I first input a product, its when I go back into a product that it defaults to something random. its driving me loopy :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jr1966

shouldn't it remember the initial category you selected? I have no problem setting a category when I first input a product, its when I go back into a product that it defaults to something random. its driving me loopy :w00t:

yes i have RC2 and its just the same, it needs to work just like ZUKOdesigns says.

regards john