Advice Needed With Everything!

debbyds

Hi All,

I hope I am posting in the right place, please forgive me if I'm not.

I began building my own website/ shop a few weeks ago with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever (just thought I should let you know which level I'm on!) I used a trial version of dreamweaver to build it. I still need to tweak a few things on my pages but thats not the issue. My problem is linking all my product choices together, getting them in a cart and allowing customers to purchase my products. My site is an interior blind shop. I need a shopping system that allows a customer to click on a material of choice, a shape, enter sizes and how they have measured, where they would like their controls and choice of braiding. Now, I really don't know anything about shopping carts and after googling for info on them, am even more confused! I found in my control panel, Cubecart and have been looking at that but just cannot work out if I can use Cubecart for this or how to achieve what I'm after. I have considered paying someone to do it for me but can't even find anyone to ask let alone do it.

Could someone please offer me some advice as I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall!

Thanks,

(Feeling extremely dumb) Debby

Guest ITechWest

There are plenty here that can help you and even more here that will be glad to do it for you for a fee...

Tell us what exactly that you are looking for....

Guest webicon

You can build your WHOLE site within cubecart with little experience of anything web.

Dreamweaver I think may be a little advanced if you are as new to this as you claim - most everything you need - including plain info pages can be done from the admin of cc.

I can recommend the tutorial/user guide over at www.cubecartforums.org/docs - plenty there to set you on your way with step by step instructions...

People both here and at the third party forum are more than willing to offer advice on specific issues - as Shane mentioned above - when you hit a brick wall - let us know the problem - we can help.

Good luck with your project.

There are plenty here that can help you and even more here that will be glad to do it for you for a fee...

Tell us what exactly that you are looking for....

Good Morning and thanks for the replies,

Ideally I need my customers to be able to choose the material they want from a selection which would then take them to a page to choose a shape, then fill in a section that requests their measurements, how measured, control side, fitting choices etc.. before hitting a buy now button and filling in their personal details. When I started out a few weeks ago I really didn't have any knowledge at all about html etc..(still don't now!) If I had known what a challenge it would be I wouldn't have even tried to do what I have! I thought it would be much easier..lol..My site has become a lot bigger than I planned too with many pages. I wouldn't have had a such a problem if my items for sale had just been items, its the customizing of the items I cant seem to link together. The thought of building the site all over again puts the horrors in me..lol..I just want it to be finished now. If I was to pay someone else to do the shop side of it for me would it cost bundles? Would I be able to maintain it myself or would the shop builder have to continue to do this for me? I just don't know enough to start it off myself.

If it helps, this is my site so far, dont laugh, I know there are a few things that need sorting out :(

Any advice would be great!

Debby.

Guest webicon

Hi Debbie,

Over at cubecartforums.org there is a section to 'hire a web designer' - where you can post your project - without obligation and get quotes from various cubecart professionals.

I think it would be achiveable at a reasonable price (to do over all within cubecart) as this should be no more complicated than a sets of product options for the blinds (size, colour, fitting choice, method of closing/side) and free input fields for sizing dimensions.

Once built - It will be easy to maintain yourself from within cubecart admin - no html knowledge required!

Unforunately people won't be able to quote you here - as it is against forum policy.

Good luck with your project.