Add To Basket Macro Missing

Guest grandmaitre

Guest grandmaitre

On my shopping cart the "Add to Basket" function is not working. I was told that the corresponding Macro was missing. Can someone tell me in which folder this Macro is supposed to be located?

Thanks a lot.

Ed

On my shopping cart the "Add to Basket" function is not working. I was told that the corresponding Macro was missing. Can someone tell me in which folder this Macro is supposed to be located?

Thanks a lot.

Ed

It's just a javascript function, what's the URL?

Looking at your global index.tpl template, it looks like you have copied the output of another site, and pasted it into your global template. Everything is hardcoded, apart from the page content {PAGE_CONTENT} area and the skin variable at the top. This is the problem.

It can be fixed by starting with a fresh index.tpl from a shipped skin and re-modifying it. Or you can use WinMerge to compare them and bring across all the missing placeholders.

This has already been mentioned to you. Your skin has CCv3 features, which are not compatible with CCv4, like the use of cart.php... this is because the page reference is hard coded.

Guest grandmaitre

I have changed the skin in admin and now the basket fills up. So what I need to do now is modify the global index.tpl of that particular skin to match my design, right?

Guest grandmaitre

Robsta,

I've modified my global index.tpl and now I'm getting the correct stuff (which still needs to be fine-tuned and tweaked) on top of the static stuff. I have taken that out on the tpl file and I don't understand why it's still underneath. Do you have an explanation?

Thanks,

Ed

Robsta,

I've modified my global index.tpl and now I'm getting the correct stuff (which still needs to be fine-tuned and tweaked) on top of the static stuff. I have taken that out on the tpl file and I don't understand why it's still underneath. Do you have an explanation?

Thanks,

Ed

Easy, you've not removed the static code from the global index.tpl.

You'll be better off starting with a clean v4 skin and modifying that to your design, rather than trying to fix this.

Guest grandmaitre

Well, not so easy, I'm afraid. I did take all the static stuff out, see the attached file.

PS. I just found out that I cannot attach a file with a .tpl extension so I have made it a .txt file!

index.txt

The attached text file shows you have not removed it all. You still have the titles/boxes, footer copyright etc showing in the template file. Why don't you compare it to a shipped global template.

Each side box handles it's own titles etc, therefore having it in the global template will only duplicate it. Have a look through the skin documentation on the third-party site, you'll see what get's displayed in what. Link in my sig.

Guest grandmaitre

I've made some progress and it seems to fall into place now, with some open questions:

1. The boxes don't seem to have footers, the category box is missing completely, except for the header part.

2. Why is the category font so different from the others? I haven't touched any skin/style sheet yet, shouldn't the fonts be all the same?

3. Since the Search box doesn't seem to exist, I could probaly harde-code it, right?

Thanks again for all your help.

Ed