Zend Optimizer

Hi currently running Cubecart 3 had no problems installing or running this aprt from the usuall teething type of thing . I am wanting to upgrade to Cubecart 4 but I am finding that i am getting a Zend optimizer not installed error. I have read through a couple of forums on here with regards to this matter but I am stikll a little stuck.

Problem 1 - Conatacted my hopsting company and they run the zend optimizer but it is version 2 and not version 3 or higher, however they do run ioncube also on the server. So thought i may be able to get round it this way, no such look.

Problem 2 - through reading the forums i know that you are able to download the zend optimzer straight onto the ftp at my end, have zipped a copy of this of loaded it onto the ftp files as instructed and thenm unzipped them, guess what yep your right no such luck still. please please, please help ethier i am missing something that is completly obvious if so a step by step giude would be great including web links ect.

If not could someone please tell me a good hosting company that is compatable with Cube cart 4 spec requirments.