Anyone Know If You Can Change/modify The Required Customer Info?

Guest ebookshack

Guest ebookshack

Hi

I am racking my brain trying to find how to change some of the features for customer registration. I have had some people email me and say they would rather not provide certain information to sign up and purchase a downloadable product(that's what I sell). Is there anyway I can change any of that info so they don't have to?

Any help would be great!!!

:wacko: Melanie Bremner

The E Book Shack

http://ebooks4families.biz

I remember seeing a thread a long time back on changing the required field settings but a quick search didn't find it :P

My guess would be its something in includes/reg.inc.php but I didn't really see what it might be in there off hand - I'm not really sure what the php code looks like for setting required fields though :wacko:

My best guess (which I have NOT tested!) would be to edit:

if(empty($_POST['firstName']) || empty($_POST['lastName']) || empty($_POST['email']) || empty($_POST['phone']) || empty($_POST['add_1']) || empty($_POST['town']) || empty($_POST['county']) || empty($_POST['postcode']) || empty($_POST['country']) || empty($_POST['password']) || empty($_POST['passwordConf'])){

$errorMsg = $lang['front']['reg']['fill_required'];

which is around line 45. I imagine if you delete the "empty($_POST['add_1']) ||" for example, the add_1 field would no longer be required.

Guest ebookshack

I remember seeing a thread a long time back on changing the required field settings but a quick search didn't find it :P

My guess would be its something in includes/reg.inc.php but I didn't really see what it might be in there off hand - I'm not really sure what the php code looks like for setting required fields though :P

My best guess (which I have NOT tested!) would be to edit:

if(empty($_POST['firstName']) || empty($_POST['lastName']) || empty($_POST['email']) || empty($_POST['phone']) || empty($_POST['add_1']) || empty($_POST['town']) || empty($_POST['county']) || empty($_POST['postcode']) || empty($_POST['country']) || empty($_POST['password']) || empty($_POST['passwordConf'])){

$errorMsg = $lang['front']['reg']['fill_required'];

which is around line 45. I imagine if you delete the "empty($_POST['add_1']) ||" for example, the add_1 field would no longer be required.

Crap!!!!

Thank you for your advice. I went ahead and did what you said but I ended up deleting too much and now I have screwed up the whole page!!! I was stupid and didn't make a copy either! Do you know of anywhere I can get a new copy of that exact PHP script? Or is there anyway you could copy and past a copy on here for me to copy and re-insert?

I can not get customer or do anything unless I get another copy. This is exactly why newbies and non techies really shouldn't dabble. I thought I was learning and doing well though.

Please get back to me as soon as possible so I can rest easy. I feel like screaming!!! :wacko:

Guest ebookshack

Sorry, Just wanted to post the error message when clicking over to the page that is supposed to have all the PHP script installed on my website(the signup page)

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/ebooksfa/public_html/includes/content/reg.inc.php on line 127

also got this one

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF in /home/ebooksfa/public_html/includes/content/reg.inc.php on line 109

Is there anyway to just fix that line? And if so how? Man, I need some formal education in this stuff!!!!

:wacko: Feeling a little nuts!

Just re-download the original cubecart files. FYI, i always keep the original folders on my computer to refer to if needed.

Which fields did you want to make optional? As I previously said, if you delete the "empty($_POST['add_1']) ||" for example, the add_1 field would no longer be required. Just make sure you ONLY delete the ones you want from the "empty" to the "||" and you should be fine. For the first error, you probably deleted a "{" by mistake since its saying you have an extra "}" (they come in pairs). Not sure on the second.

Also, depending on what you are using to edit it, if you don't close the file after you upload it, you should be able to hit Ctrl+Z to undo what edits you did. I use cuteftp and edit the file, save it, test it, and undo if I need to til I get it right :wacko:

Guest ebookshack

Just re-download the original cubecart files. FYI, i always keep the original folders on my computer to refer to if needed.

Which fields did you want to make optional? As I previously said, if you delete the "empty($_POST['add_1']) ||" for example, the add_1 field would no longer be required. Just make sure you ONLY delete the ones you want from the "empty" to the "||" and you should be fine. For the first error, you probably deleted a "{" by mistake since its saying you have an extra "}" (they come in pairs). Not sure on the second.

Also, depending on what you are using to edit it, if you don't close the file after you upload it, you should be able to hit Ctrl+Z to undo what edits you did. I use cuteftp and edit the file, save it, test it, and undo if I need to til I get it right :wacko:

Thanks for all your help Mysty.

I have re-downloaded the files and am back on track. I am going to keep a copy from now on. I have more of an idea how everything works now. So I will be more careful in the future.

:P