Homepage

removing it from catts is simple but adding it into the footer is a bit more complicated.

To remove from cats just need to remove it from the template.

removing it from catts is simple but adding it into the footer is a bit more complicated.

To remove from cats just need to remove it from the template.

Thanks for that, but i do need the homepage link somewhere on the page. I suppose i could create a link from the logo.

Guest Cora Internet Solutions

*** You can ignore this request because I think my server was cacheing a slightly older version of the page and it has now worked. I'll leave this here though for others users because deleting the text in red does work ***

Sorry to hijack this thread but I must either be going blind or crazy here because I can't remove the homepage link at the top of the categories box. Here's my code and I removed the line in red and uploaded it but it's still appearing:

<!-- BEGIN: categories -->

<div class="LeftBox">

<div class="subHeading"><h3>{LANG_CATEGORY_TITLE}</h3></div>

<ul id="mainmenu-nav"> <!-- top nav list -->

<li class="li-nav"><a href="index.php" title="{LANG_HOME}">{LANG_HOME}</a></li>

<!-- BEGIN: a -->

<!-- BEGIN: ul_start --><ul class="ul-nav"> <!-- start sub nav list --> <!-- END: ul_start -->

<!-- BEGIN: li_start -->

<li class="li-nav"><!-- END: li_start --><a href="index.php?_a=viewCat&catId={DATA.cat_id}" title="{DATA.cat_name}">{DATA.cat_name} ({DATA.noProducts})</a><!-- BEGIN: li_end --></li>

<!-- END: li_end -->

<!-- BEGIN: ul_end --></ul></li>

<!-- END: ul_end -->

<!-- END: a -->

<!-- BEGIN: gift_certificates --><li class="li-nav"><a href="index.php?_a=giftCert" title="{LANG_GIFT_CERTS}">{LANG_GIFT_CERTS}</a></li><!-- END: gift_certificates -->

<!-- BEGIN: sale --><li class="li-nav"><a href="index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=saleItems" title="{LANG_SALE_ITEMS}">{LANG_SALE_ITEMS}</a></li><!-- END: sale -->

</ul>

</div>

<div style="clear: both;"></div>

<!-- END: categories -->

I just can't understand why it's still appearing. Here's the site in question:

http://www.corainternet.co.uk/mamelok/

I even downloaded the file from the FTP to make sure the one I uploaded was the edited version.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Chris

I just can't understand why it's still appearing. Here's the site in question:

http://www.corainternet.co.uk/mamelok/

I even downloaded the file from the FTP to make sure the one I uploaded was the edited version.

Any ideas?

Having created custom skins for several sites using CC3, where changes to categories.tpl are instant after uploading the file, this had me confused for awhile.

Whilst hacking my first skin in CC4.0.2 I found any changes to skins/SKIN/styleTemplates/boxes/categories.tpl don't become active until the skin is reloaded in Admin >>> General settings.

I'm not sure why as I just got my first copy if CC4 but I suspect the contents of the file get read into a table or file - I'll investigate when time permits, but hope this is helpful.

Nearly forgot to add...

...one way to add a home page link to siteDocs, albeit a bit numb as the language option doesn't work without hacking the php code.

add this line to /skins/SKIN-NAME/styleTemplates/boxes/siteDocs.tpl

<!-- BEGIN: site_docs -->

<div class="siteDocs">

<a href="index.php" class="txtSiteDocs">Home Page</a> <span class="txtSiteDocs">|</span>

<!-- BEGIN: a -->

<a href="{DATA.doc_url}" class="txtSiteDocs" {DATA.doc_url_target}>{DATA.doc_name}</a>

<!-- BEGIN: sep --><span class="txtSiteDocs">|</span><!-- END: sep -->

<!-- END: a -->

</div>

<!-- END: site_docs -->

If you can figure out the code tweak to activate LANG_HOME use this line instead

<a href="index.php" class="txtSiteDocs">{LANG_HOME}</a> <span class="txtSiteDocs">|</span>