Welcome Text Box

Guest zodiac73

Guest zodiac73

The text I have put in my Welcome text box on the home page is concise and has information I think the customer will want to or need to read, but it looks a bit rubbish.

What's in yours, or have you decided to remove that element from your home page?

Jump in!!

Cheers,

Simon :-)

imo the welcome box is a great place to put in keywords and links to some of your most popular categories. I also do use it for general info like what payment methods I accept, but I find a good introduction helps draw people in to shop.

Yup, any help you can give search engines, the better :)

You might want to read up on seo and how sites are indexed. Each se is different (and always changing these days), but some good basic principles always help.

Guest zodiac73

Hi,

I seem to read almost nothing else these days ... signed up for email newsletters etc and plenty of them come through every day! Some info seems to conflict other info, plus there seems to be speculation about changes to google's algorithms and whatnot ... then they go and change them again!

SEO is seriously time consuming!

Simon.