Web User Access

Guest adc

When I type in www.tmscrapbooking.com I am asked for a user id and password rather than displaying the Store. I think there are a couple of problems which hopefully someone can assist with. I searched but I guess no one else did the dumb things I have... :wacko:

I had many problems with the first load and came very close to giving up on Cube Cart but after taking a deep breath decided to give it one more try...in my removal of everything that occured with the first install I think I deleted the Web User - I think it is i_usr or something similar. Now access can not be had from the web...at least I think that is the reason. At one point I had set the Directory of my store to requiring a password but have removed it...did not seem to make a difference.

Any help would be appreciated - what is the proper User Names that should be in an install of Cube Cart?

Thanks, first post - first time user of Cube Cart - other than the login problems mostly successful with the second attempt - a few problems that I am trying to work out...may have to post a few more questions before I am totally up and running.

Thanks all, great ideas and tips in the formum....nice to see the sharing.'

Allan

Guest hennaboy

Just tried to view the url but it redirects to the setup and the index.php has been deleted.

What sounds like is happening is that there is probably a .htaccess file somewhere that is prompting the user/password login to occur.

Just tried to view the url but it redirects to the setup and the index.php has been deleted.

What sounds like is happening is that there is probably a .htaccess file somewhere that is prompting the user/password login to occur.

I looked at the .htaccess files but they are pretty difficult to decipher for a neophyte...I read through volumes of information on different sites on what and how the .htaccess works but none of it really matched what I saw on my site...

Is there a basic, safe .htaccess setting that I could try which would allow access to the web store and also allow me to access the Admin.php - as it stands right now all I can access is the CPanel admin area.

I suspect this is related to installing the FrontPage extensions without realizing that it would have such a negative impact. I have since removed them but the damage was already done to the .htaccess settings.

Thanks for any insight..

Allan