Integrate Into Website

Hi,

I feel kind of dumb asking this question, :ninja: but I'm not sure how to actually integrate the cart onto my already existing website. I'm trying to hyperlink the picture of the product/add to cart button to the actual cart. We had another cart for our store (pretty simple one) that had one html code and we just changed the product name and price accordingly and then insert it into the appropriate place. Anybody know how to do this? I don't mind extreme eye rolling if anyone has an answer to this question.

Oh, my server provided the download and it is already placed in my website files.

Thanks

I can certainly understand your confusion. Especially coming from a cart where you had to create the product description pages yourself.

CubeCart is designed to run your entire website, and all you have to do is enter your product descriptions when you add the product to the database from inside the administration area.

It is possible, however, to build a site the way you're used to, but it takes more effort and it doesn't usually work as well as when you go with the flow and use CubeCart to its full advantage.

A link to your current website would help us give you more help on the integration side. What other parts of your site are there besides the shopping cart and product description pages?

I can certainly understand your confusion. Especially coming from a cart where you had to create the product description pages yourself.

CubeCart is designed to run your entire website, and all you have to do is enter your product descriptions when you add the product to the database from inside the administration area.

It is possible, however, to build a site the way you're used to, but it takes more effort and it doesn't usually work as well as when you go with the flow and use CubeCart to its full advantage.

A link to your current website would help us give you more help on the integration side. What other parts of your site are there besides the shopping cart and product description pages?

Alan,

Thanks for your reply. So what your are saying is that the cart actually becomes the website. I was afraid that was going to be the answer. I had already suspected as much.

We sell backdrops or backgrounds for photography studios and we have alot of pages such as FAQ, Customer Showcase, About Uses. I don't mind adding our pages to the cart, I just don't want the look to change very much. I guess what I need to do is customize the cart. Our website is canfieldstudios.net if you are interested.

Luckily we have been bartering backdrops for webmastering services and I can send out another backdrop for our guy to help us out with this if I can't figure it out. I'm a Frontpage kind of girl and this calls for coding beyond my present skills. I'm going to do a lot of research tonight and see what I can do. Sigh....so much for hanging out at Yahoo Answers, Second Life and Ebay for my evening.

Hi,

I feel kind of dumb asking this question, :P but I'm not sure how to actually integrate the cart onto my already existing website. I'm trying to hyperlink the picture of the product/add to cart button to the actual cart. We had another cart for our store (pretty simple one) that had one html code and we just changed the product name and price accordingly and then insert it into the appropriate place. Anybody know how to do this? I don't mind extreme eye rolling if anyone has an answer to this question.

Oh, my server provided the download and it is already placed in my website files.

Thanks

I have done this only by integrating the header and menu of my existing site( add a link to your store into tis menu), into the pages

skin/yourskin/styleTemplate/global/ index.tpl

-skin/yourskin/styleTemplate/cart.tpl

(and adding my menu css to layout.css )

and it works fine on

It is very easy to integrate CubeCart into any website, just edit the global templates. There is a big documentation project which can help you out with learning what does what within the skins.... and if you're still stick there is a forum dedicated to third-party services.

Thanks. I'm going to check it out. I am starting to get the hang of it now! the documentation should help!