Newbie In Need Of Help

Guest garrisker

Guest garrisker

Hi,the question I have is probably a dumb one to knowledgeable people such as frequent this forum but I am a total philistine re matters computer;furthermore I am trying to maintain a website and drive traffic to an online shop.

But when I tried to set up a google adwords campaign and google scanned my site, all it came up with was cubecart related keywords;none of the products/content that I have on there were suggested by google and I am getting virtually no traffic and can hardly find my own shop with a google search.

Why is cubecart coming up so prominently when my site is scanned but nothing of mine.

Please don't hunt me down like a dog and kick me off as the question may be so imbecilic but it is key to me.

I think you've forgotten to list the URL.

I'll post a few things to think about, but this problem could be down to lots of things..

When did the site go live? What other promotion have you done?

Google etc will crawl the site slowly to start with.

My advice (without seeing your URL)

-Google Analytics (or another stats program - I like GA as you can share the results)

-Google Product/Base feed from your site to google, its free and could drive lots of sales

-Google Sitemap - ensure google is aware of each page on your store

Seach for these terms on these forums, and also over at www.cubecartforums.org

Post back in you don't understand anything once you've had a look.

Don't do google adwords (I assume you mean a paid-for campaign, rather than ads on your store), until you've got a feel for base-line sales.

Ask a friend to do a test purchase, and see if you've missed something.

Once your site is working very well (use friend to verify this), and you can afford to spend some money, then proceed with your Adwords.

If you're putting adwords ON your site, (ie 3rd party advertising), consider against it - do you really want potential customers visiting your competitors?

Jason

Guest garrisker

I think you've forgotten to list the URL.

I'll post a few things to think about, but this problem could be down to lots of things..

When did the site go live? What other promotion have you done?

Google etc will crawl the site slowly to start with.

My advice (without seeing your URL)

-Google Analytics (or another stats program - I like GA as you can share the results)

-Google Product/Base feed from your site to google, its free and could drive lots of sales

-Google Sitemap - ensure google is aware of each page on your store

Seach for these terms on these forums, and also over at www.cubecartforums.org

Post back in you don't understand anything once you've had a look.

Don't do google adwords (I assume you mean a paid-for campaign, rather than ads on your store), until you've got a feel for base-line sales.

Ask a friend to do a test purchase, and see if you've missed something.

Once your site is working very well (use friend to verify this), and you can afford to spend some money, then proceed with your Adwords.

If you're putting adwords ON your site, (ie 3rd party advertising), consider against it - do you really want potential customers visiting your competitors?

Jason

Jason,I have emailed you.I am happy to proceed as you suggest.

Terry