Search Box With Image > Is This The Way? Pls Confirm

Hi Everyone

Well this little exercise has taken me longer than the actual skinning itself! I have googled for hours on end regarding styling form elements such as buttons, select boxes etc.

Now from what i've read and understand, form elements are quite constricted with css therefore i had to tweak a couple of things without adding any javascript and or going into any core files as i only want to have the skin set up for use without any further modifications to the cubecart store files itself.

Anyways, a lovely lady by the name of Webicon has been an absolute GOD send as i have learnt heaps from her <_<

Ok - so i wanted an image "submit" button next to my search box.

For hours on end i couldn't align the image with the actual search box so i ended up adding a small table for this purpose only.

Is this the correct way to do this? or am i going the wrong way about it?

I added this to my skin/templates/boxes/searchform.tpl file

<!-- BEGIN: search_form -->

<form action="index.php" method="get">

<table width="212" border="0">

<tr>

<td width="47"><span class="txtSession"><strong>Search</strong></span></td>

<td width="119"><input name="searchStr" type="text" class="searchBox" id="searchStr" value="{SEARCHSTR}" size="20" style="height:13px; align="middle""/>

<input type="hidden" name="act" value="viewCat" /></td>

<td width="32"><input name="Submit" type="image" value="{LANG_GO}" src="skins/style2/styleImages/gobutton.jpg" align="middle" hspace="0"  vspace="0"  border="0" />	</td>

</tr>

</table>

</form>

<!-- END: search_form -->

Your expertise would be very much appreciated :angry:

Thanks

Antz :)