Favicon

Guest firststopdecals

Guest firststopdecals

Hi

Im trying to add a favicon to my site but the instruction say to add to the head in the index.html.

Where is the head and the index.html

All i can find is the index.php.

Justine

CubeCart uses the X template system keeping HTML (layout and style) separate from php code

all "skin" files are located in the skins folder so which ever skin you are using you would go into that skin folder and look for the sub folders

You need to add it in the head of the /skins/YourSkin/styleTemplates/global/index.tpl

and if you want it to dislay during checkout also add it to

skins/YourSkin/styleTemplates/global/cart.tpl

the favicon should be located in your site root and be named favicon.ico (.ico is a icon resource file)

Hope this helps

Hi

Im trying to add a favicon to my site but the instruction say to add to the head in the index.html.

Where is the head and the index.html

All i can find is the index.php.

Justine

My Pleasure Justine

Getting used to the CubeCart structure can be intimidating at first but once ya know the template system and the locations its usually pretty easy to modify or edit your skin html that is if ya know html and css

Glad I could help

Cheers

Kinetic

Thanks for the help kinetic.

Working a treat.

Justine

• 1 year later...
Guest tweaty65

My Pleasure Justine

Getting used to the CubeCart structure can be intimidating at first but once ya know the template system and the locations its usually pretty easy to modify or edit your skin html that is if ya know html and css

Glad I could help

Cheers

Kinetic

Thanks for the help kinetic.

Working a treat.

Justine

Hi I am trying to get this to work and I just can't seem to get it. I have put the command in after where is <head> in my global tpl and I have uploaded fav.ico file to my root directory. Can anyone tell me what I am missing, I have also cleared my cache and cookies from my browser.

Alice.