Guest notting

Guest notting

Hi,

I like the look of CC4 and want to buy it. I have the following questions:

-----------------------------------------------------

I currently have a copy of cubecart installed:

www.viparrot.com

Mods/customisations:

• I have customised the template files and the css files.

• Estelles all in one shipping

• Estelles product options

-----------------------------------------------------

Q1) Are there going to be any problems when installing the new version caused by having these mods??

Q2) Will the new version simply overwrite them so I can reinstall the mods for the new version?

Q3) Will I have to create a new skin for CC4 or will the old one I created work?

Q4) If these mods have altered the database (I'm not sure) will this cause any problems.

Q5) If I pay the $29 to have the cubecart developers install the mod - will they charge extra if there is any complications arising from having these mods installed?

Q6) Also - have people seen the number of sales on their sites increase as a result of installing cc4? Does the 2 clicks to cart improve sales?

Q7) How long is the downtime likely to be whilst installing the new version

I know this is quite a few questions but I can't get this wrong!!

Thanks in advance! :(

Notting

Guest hennaboy

Q1 and Q2

Any new version does not come including your 3rd party mods so any changes to the default files that the mods have made will need to be re-coded in. Or you can use software such as winmerge to copy over the changes and upgrade your cc that way

Q3 If this is a CC4 skin then it will still work

Q4 Any changes to the database when upgrading will not affect mods. Note this is upgrading a 4.x.x not 3.x to 4

Q5 You will have to liase with CC sales dept on that

Q6 Perhaps my sales was due to increase anyway but since Jan when we switched over to CC4 we are on track for a record year!

Q7 That would depend on if you are going to do the changes or get CC or someone else to do it. Personally If you have a live store taking money and are upgrading from cc3.x.x to cc4 then I would place this in a different directory. Get it up and running and then switch over. Trying to switch over a live and making money store is just like sending money by paypal to your competitors. Your site will have to be offline for a short amount of time so during that time you will be losing money

Q1/2. My understanding is that by installing CC4 all modifications will be lost as the structure of the software is vastly different.

Q3. CubeCart 3 skins will not work on CubeCart 4.

Q5. I don't believe CubeCart (Devellion) themselves install mods. If you want mods installed then this is something you would need to get the mod author to do.

I would suggest your open a sales ticket at the CubeCart Support desk - they will be able to more accurately answer your questions.