Can't Get Credit Cards To Work But Paypal Works

In our system, people are forced to register, then they are taken to paypal without being given a choice to pay via credit card instead of paypal. When we have a donation on our site (not in the store) when people hit the donation button a screen comes up allowing one to either pay with several credit cards (on the left) or pay with Paypal (on the right). But this screen doesn't come up in the Cubecart store. What's up?

In our system, people are forced to register, then they are taken to paypal without being given a choice to pay via credit card instead of paypal. When we have a donation on our site (not in the store) when people hit the donation button a screen comes up allowing one to either pay with several credit cards (on the left) or pay with Paypal (on the right). But this screen doesn't come up in the Cubecart store. What's up?

Enabling in Paypal profile. Is that in the Cube cart admin? Or do I need to contact Paypal? If paypal what do I ask?

Further clarification. It turns out the the credit card option is actaully there, but the page before that page makes it appear it isn't. That page has "paypal" checked misleading one to think they must have to pay with paypal. At that point people just quit because they think they are having to sign up for papal and pay that way. Is there a way of putting a notice on that page letting people know that the next page will give them the credit card option?

• 1 month later...
Guest Klutzys

Sure, you can edit the template for the payment screen to give your customers all kinds of information.

Is this done in PayPal or cubecart/bluehost? I would like to make changes also.

Thanks,

Tammy

Guest Klutzys

Alan said to edit your template, you cannot edit paypal so you have to edit the skin your are using. The correct file would be /styleTemplates/content/gateway.tpl or cart.tpl depending on where you want it to appear.

Hee hee, when you explain it like that I feel like a real dumb a**!! Ah but I am learning, so thanks for telling me exactly what file I should be altering. I always appreciate all help I get from everyone.

Tammy