When Things Go Terribly Wrong ...

Guest Brivtech

Guest Brivtech

I almost had a crisis! :o Something so simple almost caused me so much grief! Have you had a similar experience? Here's my story...

Having applied some very major modifications to CC, I suddenly found that upon tweaking the skin, the store wasn't showing up in my other browser. I was doing all the work in Firefox, and as soon as I switched to IE, there was nothing - Just blank.

So, I fired up the laptop, and tried it there - Blank on Firefox and IE! Panic set in at this point! :wacko:

Fortunately, I thoroughly annotate all my own modifications, so started looking for where things broke.

I resurrected the original skin files, nothing.

Then I started going back through the mods, most recent first...

... and after about an hour, still nothing with loads of source code and annotations to still plough through. At this stage, I was looking around in the General settings checking some of the settings I had added in, and suddenly noticed: Turn Store Off: YES!!!!

I don't remember turning it off. I must have done it last night when I was fiddling around in the General settings, thinking it was a different setting. :unsure: As I had also emptied out the message box, nothing was showing, just the blank page.

So, I turned it on, everything worked again! Re-applied the modded code in an instant, and I'm all back up and running again. :blink:

Guest Brivtech

Those semicolons have been the bane of my life! Not to mention swapping }'s for )'s by mistake.

If there's a way of breaking something, I usually find it. I had to take an electric food slicer back to Argos the other day, I managed to test it to distruction, and just on a loaf of bread to, so, I got me a refund instead of a replacement.