Uploading Documents To Cubecart

Guest xjbhx

By playing around I discovered a way to upload word documents / pdfs etc into a page inside cubecart. This meant that site visitors could read such documents by simply clicking on the doument name. THis might be useful if you have a button called "useful Documents" etc.

Here is how I did this.

[1] Select the page you want to edit

[2] Type in the name of the document

[3] Highlight the document name you just typed at stage 2 and select the icon for Insert/Edit Link

[4] A window appears called Link

[5] In this window Select "Browse Server"

[6] Select Create New Folder and type in the name of this new folder eg "General Docs" - It is useful to separate ducuments you up-load from images.

[7] Upload a new file to this folder eg something that is on your pc

[8] The document name you typed in at stage 2 is now underlined which means it can then be selected for reading through the web site

I hope others find this helpful but of course if you know a better way then please feel free to let me know

Just as a precaution, I would make sure you set the directory's permissions to 755 or 644 too so it won't be used as an exploit to get hacked :unsure:

Nice tutorial, I think it would help many people out there who want to let users download spec sheets of products before buying.

AJ Rao