HELP - Can I use 1 license on one main store which would be have 2 sub

Guest bingo-98

Guest bingo-98

Is it possible to run several concurrent front ends (i.e. apparently different on-line stores with separated url's and domains) yet have all these linked to one back end for easy order managment and payment processing?

I am thinking of buying cube cart v4 and am in the same situation. I have 1 main site with about 200 products in and would like to buy CCv4 for this store. I also would like to have 2 other subdomains that link back to the main site for easy order managment and payment processing. My funds are very limited and I cannot afford to buy 3 licenses for the all the sites as the other sites only have about 6 products in each shop.

I am at present running Dansie cart which works well but difficult to update and is out of date. I use Dreamweaver to create the products to purchase and then upload on the net. If I still used it for my other sites that only had the 6 products in running it along side with CCv4 would it conflict or should I scrap it and just use CCv4. Dansie script in a folder cgi-bin that is on the net.

Thanks in advance for any help / comments

IN A PREVIOUS REPLY: ... or you could use a domain alias (The type of thing you get when you host multiple URLs from one hosting account). Then and add in some programming to check the URL, and display products allocated to that URL only (you'll need to add a field in products to specify where they will be listed or not). This URL check will also need to be incorporated into the includes files that handle the skin output, so that a different skin is selected depending on the URL that's been selected (Assuming that each domain has a separate identity for the different niches). When you checkout through SSL, it'll need to go actual physical installation area. This will mean only 1 CC license (As it's only 1 physical installation, even though there will be multiple URLs associated with it), 1 SSL certificate, 1 payment merchant account.

What programming do you mean? (add in some programming to check the URL)