Product Options - Removing The ~ Symbol

I have 2 mods installed, both by Estelle - product options stock levels and the radio buttons for product options. In each product listing in the shop I am working on it has 2 options, each with their own price, not + or -, just the N/A option in admin. I would like it that it does not show the ~ symbol, eg. Product 1 (~£2.00) but can't seem to find it anywhere. I was wondering if perhaps removing {VAL_OPT_SIGN} from skin/styletemplates/content/viewprod.tpl would work but it didn't (I removed it the several times it showed in that file, including in the sections for the mod stuff). I'm wondering if it's something to do with the mods that stopped that working? It didn't change a thing. Or maybe it's a different file I need to try? I also tried removing the whole thing ({VAL_OPT_SIGN}{{VAL_OPT_PRICE}) from the file each time it showed up and that did get rid of the brackets, symbol, price - everything so removing just the sign bit should have worked too shouldn't it?

Thanks in advance,

Hannah