Uploaded graphic images are very poor quality

Guest Tuttle

Guest Tuttle

Ok,newbie here. Please help!!! Did searches and can't find answer.

I'm using killer skin. I can convert photos to GIF or jpeg and upload as product image with good quality BUT when I convert my EPS (text) graphic files to GIF or jpeg, they look perfect when I open them in windows, but when I upload them as product image, the image quality is very poor as if the resolution is very low.

Max image size set at 360, thumbs set at 80. I've tried 'upload new image' through admin,trying different file sizes from 200 pixels up to 1000. No difference.

I've tried using the ftp.root path and still poor quality no matter what size file I upload. (again, I've tried from 150 pixels,250,360,480,640) The quality seems to get a little better (but still very poor) with much larger file sizes using the ftp.root path, but then the image is so big, it takes up the whole screen. Again, when I view these images in my computer, they look perfect with no distortion. It seems like the straight horizontal and vertical edges are ok, but all curved of vertical edges are distorted.

I've tried shrinking the graphic in Coreldraw to 360 pixels, exporting as GIF at 360 pixels. I've tried everything I can think of with no luck.

What am I doing wrong??????? Help please...........

• 1 month later...

Guest RayUK

Ok,newbie here. Please help!!! Did searches and can't find answer.

I'm using killer skin. I can convert photos to GIF or jpeg and upload as product image with good quality BUT when I convert my EPS (text) graphic files to GIF or jpeg, they look perfect when I open them in windows, but when I upload them as product image, the image quality is very poor as if the resolution is very low.

Max image size set at 360, thumbs set at 80. I've tried 'upload new image' through admin,trying different file sizes from 200 pixels up to 1000. No difference.

I've tried using the ftp.root path and still poor quality no matter what size file I upload. (again, I've tried from 150 pixels,250,360,480,640) The quality seems to get a little better (but still very poor) with much larger file sizes using the ftp.root path, but then the image is so big, it takes up the whole screen. Again, when I view these images in my computer, they look perfect with no distortion. It seems like the straight horizontal and vertical edges are ok, but all curved of vertical edges are distorted.

I've tried shrinking the graphic in Coreldraw to 360 pixels, exporting as GIF at 360 pixels. I've tried everything I can think of with no luck.

What am I doing wrong??????? Help please...........

My first guess is that the image you are uploading is then being displayed in a different size to that being uploaded. I suggest you find out what size the image should be and then resize it to the right size before uploading.