FCK Editor - Reduced Functionality in CC4?

Guest Brivtech

Guest Brivtech

Going through some of my old documentation, I see that CC3 had more FCK editor options (the buttons) available, which seem to have been dropped in CC4,.

Any ideas why?

I know the CC4 FCK editor options are more streamlined, but then again, some functionality is lost. Is there a way to customise your own FCK editor options?

From what Milos told me (convict) when I submitted a ticket about it not being able to handle file uploads (zips docs pdfs) is that those features were removed

and no plans to add it back in

My ticket response from Milos

FCK editor in CubeCart is for images prepared only. I know it allows to upload files in generally but this limitation implemented sorry. It seems to be the CC3 compatibility because 'uploads' folder is added there for images dedicated. The main limitation is the ROOT folder for file list - it points to images/uploads folder.

Well some customization is the trick.

FCK upgrade and limitation above removal is up to Al he hasn't done decision yet.

I havent had time to work out the changes necessary but I soon will have it back to where it needs to be

and I will post my changes for CCv4.1.1 FCK editor when I do

Also CC is STILL using a very old version of FCK editor (2.3) which has known bugs current version from FCK is 2.5.1 with 2.6 in beta

as of the writing of this post

All of this just makes no real sense as FCK is a stable full featured WYSIWYG editor that outputs decent html gutting it is just silly...

Maybe if enough of us PAYING license holders complained enmasse it would get upgraded and full featured... especially those of us who hold MULTIPLE licenses...

and while we are at it whose silly idea was it to set the default height of the editor to 200pixels?

that ends up being a thin strip to edit content in w/o scrolling MINIMUM should be 420pixels tall

some elbow room if you please!

editing the 2 files to make it taller isnt much to do but when ya have to do it for every single clients site you work on that is cubecart it gets down right annoying

at least we can now set the WIDTH of the editor via admin

Guest Brivtech

I suspected as much, and yes, I've seen later versions of FCK editor in their full glory, many more features that would go much further to easily creating content for the store.

I can understand the image uploading, and I suppose that could be handled through the file manager, but the other features really defy rational explanation, and I don't buy into the "Making it easier to use" philosophy.