Changing Host

I need to move my CC4 shop to a host who will support PHP5.

I loaded CC4.2.0, replaced the images folder with my 4.1.x images folder, copied across global.inc.php, set the permissions and uploaded the DB file.

Of course I needed to modify global.inc.php to reflect the new host_name in $glob['dbdatabase'] = and $glob['dbusername'] = and I did that too.

Now I get an error;

Critical Error: No version history available! Upgrade script doesn't know where to start.

I'm guessing here but I suspect the CC4 upgrade script should get this from the DB, therefore it is not finding the DB. Would that be a reasonable assumption or is there a more obvious reason for the transfer not working?

Is there a "moving your v4 installation from one server to another" thread I've missed in my search? :)

Thanks in advance,

Jules in France

• 5 months later...
Guest lasershowparts

Thanks B2B'ing and The Happy One!

In the end I traced it to a limitation of the database import function in phpMySQL - my database was way too large and was truncated during the load.

I had my host/support load it instead and now we're good-to-go! :wacko:

JiF

that links is broken :\ I need to migrate my 4.1.1 install over to a new hosting provider.

Is there a guide for this ?