index page got hacked!

Guest Ricco

Guest Ricco

Hi

Somehow my main index page got hacked. Now I have removed the text that was there by the hacker how do I get the old index page back? Can I just download a file from someone else or something?

TIA!!!!!!!

Guest Ricco

I have now uploaded a new index page from the downloaded cubecart install zip file and the page is back to normal. :)

How on earth did someone manage to do that? surely this must have been traceable to get them reported?

It would also help to know what version of cubecart? 4.2 (PHP5) 4.1.1? (PHP4)??

did you have an easy to guess password?

Heres the thing Your password to your stores admin and the password to your hosting control panel shouldnt be the same they shouldnt be easy to remember

Ill say that again...

They shouldnt be the same and they shouldnt be easy to remember

the very minor inconvenience YOU have to suffer remembering your passwords or going to a text file on your computer to get your password

is sooooo much less than the frustration you will feel when you are hacked, identity stolen and violated not to mention the risk you put your customers personal information because you were LAZY....

Now Im not saying you RICCO are personally lazy or that you DID have weak passwords just taking this time to tell people who might be reading this (everyone always reads the "Ive Been Hacked" posts) CubeCart has gone thru alot of testing and 3rd party auditing to ensure CubeCart is as safe and secure as they can make it (Kudos to Brooky and the rest of the team members) So why do people continuously subvert all that lovely coding with weak easy to guess passwords...

this is your store, your business, and your customers trust at stake so use some strong passwords!!!! :)

Kinetic

Guest tetra4

I think it would be a good idea if you could set your own IP addresses which are allowed to access admin.

I use PayPal Pro with my CC4 store and the PayPal Manager is set so that only my IP can login.

This is an awesome security feature which I think Devellion should add. But I doubt it would happen. :rolleyes: